Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's your favourite lens?

I'm curious... what's the favourite lens out of your kit? Which lens do you use most often? Are they the one and the same? What makes it special?

I don't know that I have a favorite but I reach for my 70-300 more than anything, I guess because I prefer shooting wildlife and candids, and this is just better suited for that type of thing.

I love using my 50mm f/1.8 but the 17-85 seems more useful to me - since it's got wide to telephoto.

My ZD 14-54 f2.8-3.5, by far. There are lots of great lenses for the 4/3 format, including some that include parts of its 28-108 equivalent range, but nothing with all of it.

It's actually a problem for me, because I'd like to get other lenses, but know that I would never use them as much.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Easy. My best and most used lens is also my cheapest! (Nearly).
It;s the 28-105 usm. Brilliant!

Cave canem

At the moment I use my 50mm f1.8 the most, but thats because its new and I'm taking lots of portraits with it at the moment.
When I got my 90-300mm USM that was my favorite and I used it all the time, because I was mostly taking shots of wildlife and landscapes. I still like using it for candid portraits, 'fly on the wall' style.
But I find the 90mm way too long, and I end up missing shots because by the time I've swapped lenses, the shot is gone. (especially when you have an 18 month old and have to be quick as lightning to catch the silly faces he pulls).

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Tamron 28-75 2.8 stays on my camera all the time now. Would love to have something wider to go with it, but works for me for now Smile

Canon 24-70 2.8L - it hardly ever comes off the 5D. It is one of the reasons I went for the 5D - to use this lens as it was supposed to be used.

Canon stuff.

I dunno. My favorite lens is not necesarily the same as my most used lens. Maybe the new 18-200 VR will be both? Who knows?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Oct 6, 2018, 04:55