Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where are you from?

We all have to come from somewhere right? Be it where you live now or a place you call home, I'd like to share some images of a place I call home and would love to see yours.

[Image: Skyline.jpg]

A view at dusk from Kings Park overlooking Perth

[Image: Decoy.jpg]

Another view of the city across the river from South Perth with the paddle steamer "Decoy"

Well I come form Holmesville and don't really have any photos from my town so I might get out this weekend take some shots.

As for your photos Studio, very nice.
That building at the bottom to the right, does that say 'ass'?

Couldn't help my self, I know it is crappy but I gotta learn somehow =)

[Image: amp_asx.gif]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Super images of Perth, Jamie - first class.

Funny gag Dewey as well.

I'll post some tomorrow. Need my beauty sleep now.

Yeah you're looking a bit pink around the gills there Toad Smile

Poor old AMP, AMP? AMP. Sorry damned advertising! Thats cool Dewy you prankster.

If I had better skills and a bit more time I prolly could have done it better but it took me 2 minutes, I was trading on the asx with my [Image: westpac.gif] broking account

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

haha good ol Kings Park view ...

I really like this idea. One thing though, let's portray our homes as they really are, and not in a touristy type way.

I'll be collecting images over the next week to show, (and shock), you. :o

Cave canem

Are we going to see a 2 story Dog kennel from Rufus?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

dewy Wrote:Are we going to see a 2 story Dog kennel from Rufus?

Yes you are. That and many other British "wonders" from my town.
You'll have to allow me a few days to sort it all out though..........

Cave canem

Yeah Rufus but you live in Europe, lots of places up there heading third world in that Ye Olde kind of way. How about I show it in a starker form. All you have to do is watch Coronation Street or Eastenders to get worried Smile

Around 4 hours South East of Perth where the salinity has well and truly taken hold.

[Image: Sodium.jpg]

Hey Rufus I bet you've got a bucketload of images from up there that we've never seen, I don't get out and about enough to shoot this kind of stuff, did get some cute stuff at the show today but I wasn't there long enough sans children.

Jamie, you are confusing me!

How do you know of Eastwhingers and constipation Street?

When you say I probably have a bucket load from "up there", where is that?

What is that dead thing?

What "show" are you refering to?

:/

Cave canem

I don't think that I am able to take non touristy shots of Vancouver. The city is phenomenally beautiful and is set in a river valley between snow capped mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Anyway - here are a few shots of where I live...

This is Granville Island (about 2 miles from my house) - a little island under the west side bridges filled with artist studios, theatres, pubs, a working cement factory (!), and of course a marina. The downtown is in the background - the tall buildings are all being built on the former World's Fair (Expo 86) site.

[Image: Granville%20Island%20Sunset%20web.jpg]

This is English Bay in the downtown core (also close to my house). This photo was taken about 5:30 in the morning this summer and shows the harbour and the Inukshut on the shore. Inukshuts are Inuit markers.

[Image: Inukshuk%20at%20English%20Bay.jpg]

This is a crazy little shop a few blocks from my house - it is just as chaotic inside as outside, and is representative of the sort of eclectic business that makes Kitsilano (my neighbourhood) it's home.

[Image: Kitsilano%20Streetscape%20web.jpg]

J, I seem to recall seeing that salt death shot before somewhere.... Wink
I wondered if that was you... now I know.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Studio: Is that a dead kangaroo?
Road: Nice shots, now how about some of the roads, remeber to us aussies your roads are unusual =P. I have seen photos of that stone thingo before, I tihnk it was a Dpreview test shot. It seems to be a great thing to take photos of, I like how you used the boats out to sea as a background =) top job.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Deleted by me (Polly) Some creep is following me about but ain't found me here as yet.

Polly

No wonder you only have so many shots Toad, I spent quite a while admiring the composition especially in the 2nd shot. Even from the airport Vancouver is quite a pretty city looking up towards the Mountains.

What else can I say Polly.. quaint fits in perfectly. Is that Ye Olde Camera Shoppe?

Aha!

Bean owt an tacken sum pikturs of my current home town today.

Post soon.........................

Cave canem

Content deleted by me because some creep (from another message board) seems to be cyber-stalking me Rolleyes

Polly

Check 'em out.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/gallery/thumb...p?album=27

Here's a sample:

[Image: what%20drunk2.jpg]

Cave canem

Striking images, Rufus. I particularly like the featured picture. What town is this if you don't mind my inquiry? It's facinating.

Polly: a very different vision than Rufus' of your England. Even the idea of "continental cheeses" makes me hungry.

That's an excellent selection of pix, Rufus. The photo of the 'drunk' was my favourite (if that's an appropriate word for him!).

Polly

Well, if you dont mind, I wont name this town. I will tell you though, that it is a small town within 20 miles of the city of Birmingham, in the heart of the country.

There was a big football match on television this afternoon, and that's the time I chose to take the pictures. Normally about 3x more people would be about. The police though, were out in force in that area. Imagine, if you will, a street with say... 25 small shops, and 3 or 4 pubs. Outside in the street are about 20 people and ELEVEN police men. Why????
I'll tell you why. It's because they know, that when the football match ends, hundreds of brain dead lunatics will rampage through the street, drunk and who-knows-what else.

GREAT Britain, and the GREAT British lout.

Ah, the national pride!
:o

Cave canem

Ps. Talking of louts............ My mother in law is back from Canada.

Canada, it's ok now. You can all come out. Big Grin

Cave canem

That's OK - sorry for asking - I only ask because I worked for several months in the Coventry / Birmingham area about 5 years ago, and visited many nearby towns - your photos look familiar.