Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where are you from?

That's ok man. I just need to be a bit cautious.

Cave canem

I love the guy drinking that is great, was it staged? The caption fits so well.

I think Rufus is afraid the bill is going to pop round for a cup of tea and haul him off to the old bailey for chasing cars.

I dont know that fellow at all.

I'm glad you like it though, I was very pleased with it.

Cave canem

Taken last night. Inner harbour of the Parliament buildings. Just one of the many...

[Image: 34846005.jpg]

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Really nice, Jerry.

Great photos all. The best photos I can post of where I live would be the same area as Toad posted even though I live 20 minutes away. I'm not right in Vancouver but just outside.
Has anyone ever heard of the TV series called Smallville? About a young superman growing up in a small town called Smallville. This is a shot of the entrance to the town center. [Image: Smallville.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hey is that actually where the show was done Colin? Vancouver has a pretty big film/tv industry.

We ain't called "Hollywood North" for nothin'. Smile The Vancouver area and the province of British Columbia in general have been particularly famous for standing in for almost any other location in the world, ever since the original Rambo movie, First Blood, was shot near Hope (a small town a couple hours east of Vancouver). Locations around here have served as just about every part of the US at one time or another in The X-Files.

Oddly enough, there've been very few shows and movies SHOT here that are SET here, and those that are have been pretty lame... a late-80s Martin Sheen bomb called Cold Front comes to mind, and the more recent Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu stinker Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.

I can only think of one Vancouver-shot-AND-set series that was good, really, and that was the Ken Wahl series Wiseguy - several episodes were at least partially set here.

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Good series's that are shot and set in Vancouver are Davinci's Inquest and Cold Squad. Both are excellent shows. There's another new one Called The Collector but I don't expect it to last too long.

A few very recent movies shot here that come to mind are;
Terminator 3
I Robot
Walking Tall (Squamish)

There are a ton more but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Oh yeah, forgot about those two... actually, the TV SERIES set here tend to be VERY good... it's the movies that have been lame, almost as if someone figured they had to meet a quota and just pulled out whatever rejected scripts they had laying around...

Hmmmm, maybe those of us around here should take from your lead above and (trying to get back on-topic) post our own shots of sights around town that have doubled for somewhere else in TV and movies. A good example would be the old Britannia Mines that were used several times by The X-Files as an abandoned (West?) Virgina mine site where the govenment's secret records were kept Smile

In fact, hey Jules, how's that for a future Assignment - pictures from where you live of locations that have posed as somewhere else in the movies or TV? The more recognizable the better, of course...

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Hey, I finally got around to make a shot of the village where I live. I took this shot immediately after I came home from work, so it's rush hour. As you can see, our rush hour is, not unlike our village, rather unimpressive. Smile

[Image: Sandesneben.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

What country is this, Guerito? Europe somewhere by the looks of the license plates.

This is Germany! The North of it, actually. Between Hamburg and Lübeck, to be precise. Or even more accurate, it's the village Sandesneben. Smile

I would have expected snow considering how far up you are Guerito!

Actually I think we are influenced by the gulf stream up here in the north. In the south the winters are much colder.

Here we have hardly ever snow for more than three or four weeks before it thaws again. Which is a pity, because then it's all muddy, wet and dirty and not really warm either. I'd prefer snow for a steady two months or three, and then a nice sunny spring. :|

Anyway, the cold season starts only around the beginning of December. So there are a few days yet to take shots of the autumn colors. Smile