Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where to Buy Gear online..

i know about using ebay and center.com.au thanks to adam ..
but what other sites are there around to get Cheap/reasonably priced gear online ?

Looking for australian sites here...

Of all I've seen, so far, centre.net.au is the cheapest; it has been suggested that they sell graymarket products (they import it themselves, rather than through distributer?); even if it is, it ends up cheaper for me, and I like it.
I like their large range of items, ranging from disposable toilets, to L-series lenses, to DVDs, computers, contact lenses Smile

When I called them up for my lens to be replaced, I was only put on hold for a little while, while I listened to some Jars of Clay Smile haahha, and they replaced it without any trouble.

I've come across many other sites which sell camera gear, but they are all quite expensive in comparison to centre.net.au (I'm not advertising for them, just saying that they are a lot cheaper, and good)

But please, if anyone finds cheaper, share here with me Smile
I also want to know the cheapest place to get things Smile

I don't think my dad wants me to buy camera things online anymore though, since last time I received it with a scratch on the lens, and had to send it back, whereas if it were here, I could inspect it first; also, we have a DSL modem we thought was faulty, so had to send that back, and I've been modemless for the whole uni holidays Sad

i liek ebay .. but i guess ebay is a bit didgy .. however .. ucan find interesting things there .. but some users are evill money stealing people .. so its not secure as most places...

yeah .. center.com.au even sells rifle scopes ... mabye u can mount it on ur imaginarry 1200 mm lens to aim it .. uhauha

Hm... for Australians...

I've bought from dirtcheapcameras.com.au before, I find their prices are very good. camerastore.com.au seems to be in the same league in terms of prices. Haven't bought from them before though, so I can't vouch for their service/credibility.

For US - I think B&H photo video is unsurpassed (bhphotovideo.com) judging by the feedback and experience most people have.

B&H photo video has everything!!
Popular and trusted, so if I buy anything from US, it'll probably be from them.

I can't really trust ebay though.

I've compared the prices to some things in centre compared to dirtcheapcameras and camerastore, it seems centre.net.au is cheaper; maybe not on all things, but ill check again

I'll do some price comparisons;
These do not include postage

Canon 300D Kit (Just realised a $200 cashback!)
dirtcheapcameras.com.au $1689.02
camerastore.com.au $1750.00
centre.net.au $1599 (international version)

------------------------------------
Canon 50mm f/1.8II
dirtcheapcameras.com.au $155
camerastore.com.au $220
centre.net.au $128
Canon 420EX
dirtcheapcameras.com.au $376,50
camerastore.com.au $450
centre.net.au $383.39

Canon 550EX
dirtcheapcameras.com.au $736.89
camerastore.com.au $750
centre.net.au $599

Sandisk ultraII 512mb compact flash
dirtcheapcameras.com.au (does not have, cheapest i could find was $260)
camerastore.com.au $170
centre.net.au $176.09

I guess it depends on what you want to buy, do your research Smile

hohoho ...looks liek our center is overall best for now...

i guess u dont want the prices to bee too dodgy tho ...

Thanks for the link to centre.net.au guys. So they're reputable? If so, I might try my next purchase with them...

By the way, anyone got any recommendations to sites selling filters? I've visited 2filter.com but they're charging like $30USD for delivery (or some ridiculous amount) otherwise they said it'll take 6-8 weeks...

I don't know how reputable they are;
My experience with them, so far, hasn't been the best, in that they sent me a lens with a little mark inside it, but I don't know whether it's their fault? Then I had to send it back, and they (happily?) sent me another one (still with a mark, but a smaller one);
I like it how I can check my order status on their website (maybe you can do that with the other shops also), and they email you when it's been despatched;

Also, I ordered from them ,they sent it from Victoria, but the invoice was from Malaysia :S

But so far its alright Smile

adam Wrote:Also, I ordered from them ,they sent it from Victoria, but the invoice was from Malaysia :S

Whoa... hope you don't get slugged with customs duty for big ticket items?

Any one bought from center.com.au here? really heap prices for what I am looking at, I am looking at buying the 256MB xD memore card =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

uhauha ... id just buy filters from my local shop .. duinn oif it would be worth the savings from postage .. ~_~

How much is the price difference?
If its like mine - the 50mm f/1.8 lens, then even with the postage, its cheaper;
The only problem is that you don't get to inspect the lens, and costs when you send it back Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post