Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which camera should i choose with my budget - please help me.

Hi, firstly i have 700$, i leave in Poland and here, cameras r a bit more expensive, but... I want to make sharp shots with vivid colors. i've been studying articles for a couple of days and i've read some polish photographers opinions on different cameras. I am considering these models: sony f717, olympus g5060 ( 28mm :-) ), canon g5, canon g6 (if < 700$). Here the sony f717 is 'highly recommended', but the canon's pictures have more vivid colors. I know problems with noise present in canon, but I think the pictures are sharpest here. F171 has 9 points for image quality while the g5 got 8,5. What will I be photographing? Beatiful scenarios, small animals, people - portraits, and frozen - in - motion things, like an eagle flying to its nest, indoors, outdoors and nightshots. Although I am an amateur, I DON'T want a cheaper camera like canon a80. The most important thing for me is the image quality, then the multi-purpose camera. If you had 700$ which camera would you buy?

Hi haiaw, and welcome to Shuttertalk!

It's good that you've narrowed down the choices to a few models, and you know what you want to use it for. All those cameras you mentioned are top of the line and you probably won't be disappointed if you purchase any of them.

- Canon: great camera, mid range zoom, bright F2.0 lens, excellent image quality
- Sony: older model, long zoom, larger and heavier
- Olympus: wide angle

Personally, I would get Canon, only because my dad and friend have the G series and they both very happy with it.

Good luck in your purchase!

I think you will be very happy with F717 as well. You probably can get a very good deal on it now because it has been replaced by the F828 model.

Canon has excellent color satuation and sharpness right out of the camera without much post processing. You seem to have selected some good models - any of them will be a good choice (although I am not personally familiar with the Oly).

Thanks for replies!

And what do u think about Panasonic DMC-FZ20? Apart from the specifications, has anybody had an occasion to shot with it?

There are a couple of users of the FZ10 here... sounds like a nice cam, but apparently not as popular as the other brand names.

Image Stabilisation is huge bonus with the long zoom...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post