Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which camera???

Hi everyone...well I've been so disillusioned with posting to the web that I've decided to cave to pressure and buy a new camera...the question is which one???

I currently own a Canon EOS 3. That's right a beautiful film camera...however, I look at the images once they are scanned and just want to cry...the images are good...and I don't hesitate to post photos to family (hardcopy prints) but I want to get good looking images out there quicker. I email photos to mum and she wants to know what I'm so pleased with!

Like most of you I find I always want to take that picture that I've just seen...but it looses the appeal when I have to go and develop it (then the enlarger is broken so I have to PAY someone else to develop it). enough of my bitch session.

I have the choice between an EOS 20D and the 350D. A lot of you have listed in other forums that you have a 300D or 350D, but how does the 20D compare to the 350D??? Which camera would you buy??? I'm still learning...but I love the experimentation that I can do with the EOS3...I can do anything that I want...should I just go for the 20D??

Thoughts??

I am not overly familiar with EOS film cameras (last one was a T70), but from what I have read and learnt the EOS 3 specs/capabilities would match a 20D more than a 350D. If you can afford the 20D, that would be my preference in your situation....

my 2c worth!!

Hey mez.... congrats on the decision to go digital!

I think we had a thread just here recently, when Kombisaurus was agonising over the same quesiton - 350d or 20d.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2307

I think he ended up getting the 350d.

Personally I would get the 350d but that's because of budget constraints - but that's just me.

Thanks so much for pointing me towards that topic...it has definately answered quite a few questions for me...

...hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a new camera and something decient to look at Big Grin

Let us know how you go Mez. Smile

I think with either you can't go wrong - it just depends on your budget and priorities.

I'm very happy with my 350D and don't really miss the extra things the 20D offers (and love the lens I bought with the price difference)... but I'm sure if I had bought the 20D I would still be just as happy to have spent the extra money on the camera, even if it meant I had to wait to afford a 2nd lens.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post