Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which is the best lense for Canon Rebel XT

I am looking for a lense that will give me some good distance shots. The ideal shot would be at about 500-800 ft and I have searched, but really I'm not sure which may be the best bang for my buck. Big Grin

Hey Manny, welcome to Shuttertalk!

A few come to mind, but it's dependent on your budget - how much are you willing to spend?

Also, what use will you be using it for? Outdoors/wildlife? Sports? Concert / fashion photography?

I would like to keep it between $2-400. I plan on using this for a wide variety of shoots including wildlife to buildings and even a fashion show. So as you can see pretty much just an all around good lense that I can make some good quality shots at 5ft up to 200ft. Thanks ahead for your wisdom Smile

5 ft to 200 ft is kit lens 17-55 range..... 15 ft to 200 ft is 50mm f1.8 range + but not wildlife unless its elephant sized.
500 to 800 ft I can cover with the Tamron 70-300. All cost less than £100 sterling each. And each has something going for it, after you learn to use them.
Thats all I got Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post