Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why did the chicken hit the roof?

There has been some scary stuff happening around my part of the worl, read about it at SMH.com.au

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

It wants me to register.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Quote:An aerial scavenger with a too-hefty burden? Wayward tsunami relief? Or urban terrorists with a new weapon of mass destruction? These are just some of the theories to explain a full-scale mystery for the residents of Fletcher, near Newcastle.
Police admitted yesterday they were dumbfounded by the apparent plunge of a plucked chicken into the roof of a suburban house - the second such incident in five weeks.
The most recent grisly find was made by the Slee family, of Rosewood Crescent, upon returning from holidays last Sunday.
"There was this putrid smell coming out of the house, said Warwick Slee.
"We thought we'd left something in the bin. Eventually, we looked up on the roof. There was some sort of dead animal there with maggots crawling through it and flies buzzing around."
The carcass, while rotted beyond recognition, was roughly the size of a football and looked a bit like a frozen supermarket chicken. "It had splattered [on the roof] and decomposed," Mr Slee said. "It had no feathers, no fur, no head and no claws."
The incident follows a similar attack last month, when a plucked chicken thudded into the roof of the Leung family, in nearby Sandalwood Avenue.
In both cases, the impact of the carcass smashed roof tiles.
Before last Sunday's repeat incident, possible theories were that the chicken had fallen from a light-plane picnic hamper, or was even an errant piece of tsunami food aid from an RAAF aircraft bound for Asia.
Police have no leads and are pleading for information.

My bet - neighbourhood vandals Wink

Someone has their hands on an air cannon. Both Rolls Royce and BREL in the UK use air cannons to fire fresh chicken carcasses into either the windshields of highspeed trains, or the windows and engines on jet planes to test for bird impacts.

That was my thought exactly when I read that, Craig.

Hey! I've read that one (about the air cannon) too!

Something about NASA scientists using the cannon for testing and being horrified at the destruction wrought, and asking the British for help. Help returned the advice: Thaw the chicken! Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I want one!!!!

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kombisaurus
May 23, 2005, 11:58