Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woo-hoo: more cameras!

I'm just back from my company's christmas party, and in the prize draw my partner Penny and I both won new cameras. I got the first one, a Sony S800, and promised it to Penny, and then she won a Nikon S8 of her own. And, I'm proud to say, it looks like she's going to find uses for them both. I've taught her well.

There are now nine cameras in the house, not counting the cell phones (two) and the film camera that I last used in August. I don't know if that's a Shuttertalk record - although it must be at least an honourable mention - but it's certainly a personal best.

The roster is five olympus, two sony, one panasonic, one nikon, and an APS canon. All of them have been used within the last four months. There are only two other brands that the store I work in sells, so this will make for an interesting answer to the inevitable "so what do you use?" question.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Cameraholics anonymous, here you come! Tongue

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Got me beat, all we have is:-

1 x Canon Rebel
2 x Olympus - 3 & 8 MP.
2 x Kodak - 1 & 2 MP
1 x Fuji - 3MP
2 x Cheap, almost disposable digitals. .8P and .5 MP
1 x Binoculars with in built 2MP Camera.

Hmm...guess that ties you for the 9.

All that said, all we use are the newest Olympus, My Rebel and the 2 MP Kodak for work.

Congratulations Matthew on your two new cameras!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your Christmas Party was this early in the year?
Those living in the southern hemisphere will someday see a White Christmas if we keep moving this holiday forward.

Wow, that's awesome! Wish my company gave out cameras for christmas too! Big Grin

Are they hiring??? Big Grin Big Grin

RP, you're absolutely right. I've been meaning to sell my Sony F828 for a few months now, but just can't quite bring myself to do it...

Craig, maybe we should use total megapixels for a tie-breaker. Wink Or maybe memory card formats: the household collection here uses five different ones, including two versions of Sony's Memory Stick.

Irma, thanks - but I do have to remind myself that these ones aren't really mine...

KeithAlanK Wrote:Your Christmas Party was this early in the year?
Those living in the southern hemisphere will someday see a White Christmas if we keep moving this holiday forward.
Big Grin It turns out that the boss's birthday is around this time, so I don't think the timing for the party will change next year. (I may have just assumed that it was to get a cheaper rate...)

Shuttertalk Wrote:Wow, that's awesome! Wish my company gave out cameras for christmas too!
Working for a camera store does have some perks. Big Grin They actually gave out six or eight cameras; most of them were old stock, but there was also a Nikon S60 and D90 handed out. Even I'd use a D90 if I was given one, despite needing to buy a couple of lenses for it.
(And they're always looking for good people, but the commute would be a tough one.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Top man! "A thousand is never enough", as they say.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Smile Congratulations, good stuff.
Mind you, you're counting for two, and I am currently counting 12345.. five bodies by myself,
so can I multiply by two to top you?

Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 8, 2017, 15:35