Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worship horror stories!

Horror story this morning - I forgot the overheads and left them at home, so they had to write out about 3 or 4 of the songs on blank transparencies.

Then halfway through the practice, the 9v battery died on my semi-accoustic, so I had to run around looking for a screwdriver to open up the eq panel. Upon opening the panel, I discover that the battery isn't actually located there - it's INSIDE the guitar. More fiddling fiddling, and I finally replace the battery, but by then I missed out on 2 songs!

Then as we're going through the worship - we discover that the person writing the overheads missed out a whole verse from a song, and the order of verses was wrong...

Heheh, anyway, these things happen I guess... any stories to share? Big Grin

oh no! Sad
*thinks of a story*

I think I played the wrong chords!

Hehehe - I warned you about that Jules....

As a general rule, change your batt once a month, or everytime you change strings, which ever is sooner. Since you only play weekends, you can get away with two months.

Set your PDA to remind you and you'll never forget.

Also make sure you remove the cable from the jack whenever you're not playing, or the battery will drain.

I had the same thing happen to me while practicing on stage at WCF too - its one of those things you only allow to happen once. But I still forget overheads once in a while, haha!

And I play wrong chords all the time. That's why you have a loud drummer to mask all your mistakes! Big Grin Why do we never 'accidentally' play the right chords?

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post