Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wot you slouhd reed this me droogies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3595816.stm

Cave canem

All this hoo-ha about English and colloquialisms. I don't see what the big deal is...
But I do know that Australians have terrible spelling and grammar!

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Haha... English accents sound o-so-funny to us Aussies.. Big Grin

I"ll let this one speak for itself:

[Image: feelmymind.jpg]

Ahhh, engrish.com, one of my favorite sites when I need a good laugh to cheer me up Smile

Speaking of defiling English, this has long been a favorite quote of mine:

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. - James Nicoll

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Soundy Wrote:The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. - James Nicoll

That's a great quote, Soundy! Must save that one for a rainy day... Big Grin

AArrrrrrroooooooooOO!!!

Big Grin

Cave canem