United States of America. Free Ferries will become
a thing of the past.

Yes, I know taxes have always paid for 'em, but jeese,
at least it felt free!

178 frames. 40 minute ride in less than 35 seconds!Cool

I am, therefore I shutter!

I liked the finale. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT73. It was fun making that time lapse. Nothing special about it except that the Pamlico River
was fairly rough that day and an hour later over a dozen tornadoes came ripping through the counties all
around me. Left about 12 people in surrounding areas dead and destruction beyond belief. Several of the
twisters had winds in excess of 160 mph.

My place on the river was spared, but a few miles up in Blackbeard (the pirate) country homes were leveled.
We are still picking up around here in some places. Personal belongings traveled over 100 miles in the high
winds. Whole kitchens in homes were destroyed yet dinner plates were left perfectly stacked on the shelves.Sad

Yes, I read about these disasters and think where you are born dictates your life a little or a lot.
I wonder if I had been born in Palestine, Libya, Japan or Africa would I still have the same values. Maybe not. :|

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Indeed, sociological imagination, or the intersection between history and biography,
cloak each one of us in mind, body and spirit. Values are absorbed per our presence
unless there is divine intervention. As for me... HE>i Smile

What a neat little video!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don. I'm enjoying your work as well. I love that painted, drawn, colored pencil,
poster edged, etc, etc look. I used to visit Long Island quite a bit as a child. Had an
uncle in Levittown. Loved the Staten Island Ferry and the way guys used to push pretzels
piled high around in grocery baskets to sell.

Freedomland comes to mind and the New York World's Fair near the Hemisphere. More
recently, I took my boys to NY in '99 prior to 9-11 and snapped their pictures with the twin
towers in the background from high atop the Empire State Building.

Then I took my oldest back in the early Summer of 2002 to visit ground zero. He wanted to
see the destruction before starting that summer at the United States Naval Academy. My
last trip there was to an Army/Navy game at the Meadowlands and.... my gosh was it cold
that day.

I also remember walking into the front door of a camera store in downtown Manhattan. When
the clerk asked could he help me I said "no thanks" and turned around and walked out. I then
turned the corner and went into another door of a camera store. Didn't realize it was the same
store. The same clerk met me at that door also. Again he asked could he help me and I said,
"sorry, no thanks, didn't realize I was in the same store". He replied rather harshly, "BUY
YOURSELF A MAP!"

We were also (front line) in the crowd at the Today Show and shared some time with the cast.
They are all very small people. Very nice people too. Katie Couric stood and talked with us for
at least 15 minutes. New York, gotta love it! Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jackson Roy
Jun 4, 2020, 09:48