Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zig Gig

Tonight I'm playing my 1st live gig for a few years. OK, I play in a live setting most weeks at church but in a different way and for a different purpose I guess.
I went along for an audition in December; we all liked the cut of each others' jib, so to speak...so here we are, me after just a couple or so rehearsals, and their 1st gig with their new guitarist.
For those for whom this has any interest, I'm playing my PRS whale-blue 24 Custom, though it was touch-and-go between it and one of my strats; as we're doing a few in A, I thought the extra few frets would help.
I use no effects apart from a Morley Wah, as I use the amp's valves to provide overdrive, and a floor-based channel-switcher.
The amp(my only guitar amp) is a marvelous German handbuilt Engl, one that is hard to get hold of even now: a Vintage Sovereign 112 100W combo, that has a Celestion Vintage V30 in it.
We've got 2 sets of about 12 numbers each. If it goes half-decent, I'll tell you our name(!) and post the relevant YouTube links if and when.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Good Luck dear Zig, sounds it would be so nice and to watch them on You tube Smile

with my best wishes,
love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thank you Nia!
Gig went well, the place was heaving and they want us back later in the year. We're called Trashville, by the way.

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:Thank you Nia!
Gig went well, the place was heaving and they want us back later in the year. We're called Trashville, by the way.
Nice to hear this Smile Congratulations!
You are welcome,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Congratulations, that's awesome! I'm glad to hear that it went well, and that you're enthusiastic about the new opportunity. Sometimes it's very positive to be 'seen and heard'.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks gang! Big Grin

Congratulations Trashville Zig.

Very happy for you Zig.

Canon stuff.

Congratulations Zig!! Smile

All the best in this project!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne