Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

...and the wedding!

Well, not yet, but to celebrate my momentary return, I must share some news with you:
I'll be getting married on June 21st next year(yippee!!)...I proposed to Karen(the lady in question) last week on the brow of a local hill. Mercifully, she said yes!
Here's the ring we slipped on her finger(all the way from Australia funnily enough, as I wanted to design it myself)!

[Image: engagmntRing_web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

WOW!!
Congrats!!

Thats wonderful!

Any chances of seeing the happy couple to be ? . Wink

Sweet ringt btw.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Congrats Zig ! nice ring , and im like Paul , i want to see the happy couple ..

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Awww many thanks both!
Oops, none as yet of us both together...I'll get on the case...!

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Congrats Zig. Nice design for the ring too - very clean and true

Congratulations!!!

Designing the ring yourself makes it that much more personal Big Grin

Well done Zig - I was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going with your new lady. Obviuosly - very well!

Canon stuff.

Congratulations and all the best, beautiful ring!

nice shot, uli

Awww thank you all very much!
It was all a bit of a Godincidence all the way through really: if I'd not got ill last year, I'd never have visited this church in Malmesbury. Am now playing bass in the worship band; also, Karen and I never felt any attraction until God just got us together..we've since found that our respective churches had been praying for years that the "right person" with all the attributes we needed would come along one day.
Here's one taken with the Canon 50mm f1.8 on Sunday; I set the aperture at f.16 or so , that I could set the timer and run into the vague framing area without too many depth of fied problems. I blurred the background in the processing stage, overexposing the raw pic to retain a high-key feel. As it was a very contrasty day, I had to do 2 processes and combine them in Photomatix; I confess to a bit of dodging and use of the age-reducing diffuse glow!!

[Image: KS1b-WEB.jpg]

Good luck to you both. I won't wish you as many years as me and my wife have had. You would finish up like Methuselah's. You did say you were starting late. Rolleyes
But a long and prosperous and healthy relationship.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great to see you both - congratulations.

Canon stuff.

Congrats Zig - now you'll have a maiden to share Castle Zig with! Big Grin

Is she into photography and music too? Big Grin

Bless yous!Smile
Lovely thought Jules; I'll actually be repatriating to Malmesbury, some 18 miles away(but with a 10th century abbey and the River Avon)...
Musically, I hope she'll become "composed" about it....and photographically, well,..."developing"....!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shumicse
Jul 15, 2016, 03:25
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 10, 2013, 14:35