Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

birds [warning! graphics intensive!]

Yeah, that duck is a little thick around the middle... there's a whole flock of them in the main city park that get fed lots of crap from people who don't know better...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Went duck hunting today... found a group of them preening... I managed to catch this one airing out...
[Image: P1010899_rz600.jpg]

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Wow! Great shot! Smile

adam Wrote:Does anyone here like shooting birds?
Smile

I love shooting birds. I find a 20-guage most effective for the likes of pigeons and seagulls; anything bigger than a .410 or .22 though, for the smaller birds, and there's nothing left to take pictures of...

Big Grin

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Soundy Wrote:
adam Wrote:Does anyone here like shooting birds?
Smile

I love shooting birds. I find a 20-guage most effective for the likes of pigeons and seagulls; anything bigger than a .410 or .22 though, for the smaller birds, and there's nothing left to take pictures of...

Big Grin

Ouch!

When I first got my 10D last year, I played a bit with the "sport" mode just to see how it worked. I caught this gull (there were actually two in frame, so this is a 50% crop) and thought it looked okay. Then I played a bit with my pencil sketch action and came up with this:

[Image: 33117707.jpg]

Hey, great shot, slejhamer! Almost appears majestic in flight Big Grin

niceee

Cailean: I can imagine the bird saying "give me a hug!!!"
Soundy sounds like he shoots to kill Tongue
Slejhamer: I like the frozen-in-flight shot, it almost looks like a painting! Actually, to me, it looks very much like a painting Big Grin

So you used to "sports" creative mode? and it set everything for you? Did you have to pan with the bird to get it still, and, how close were you? Or did you have a big lens? Smile~

Nice Smile

adam Wrote:Slejhamer: I like the frozen-in-flight shot, it almost looks like a painting! Actually, to me, it looks very much like a painting Big Grin

So you used to "sports" creative mode? and it set everything for you? Did you have to pan with the bird to get it still, and, how close were you? Or did you have a big lens? Smile~

Nice Smile

Not a painting, but a colored pencil sketch. Wink Big Grin

I rarely use any of the basic shooting modes, but in this case I was just seeing how that mode worked. Basically it sets ISO to 400, a wide aperture, and as fast a shutter as it can manage. It also sets the focus mode to "AI servo" which will track the subject while I pan. I was pretty close; this was a 50mm lens.

The problem with sports mode is it will only shoot JPEGs, and I'd much prefer to work on RAW files.

hi,

its nice work , specially those with movement , well ... keep up ur good job .... see good things .... shoot good shots .... wish u all the best Smile

well dont forget to see my website .... may be not as good as u ... but cheak out .. i bet u will like atleast few of them ....www.elninos.zoomshare.com

with regurds

chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post