Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bluebells or zebras?

I've called this design Dawnchorus...every once in a while I'll take a photo and just mess about with it till I get a feel I'm happy with.
I wanted a sense of newness: this seemed to change the bluebells into something more suggestive, almost like a savannah, I thought.
And just occasionally, I get a sense of motion from the shapes that just seem a bit more animal-like...

The suggestive light-rays effect was done via an odd little free plug-in called Luce, by the way...

[Image: dawnchorusST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I like it, but feel the foreground needs more contrast or sharpness.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Shaun, I like it! I looks like a dream. The softness seems right to me. the lighting is new, I have to get used to this - reminds me of what many people who have had a near death experience say about walking into a light (without implying anything about your picture!)
The only thing that bugs me a little is the yellow flower in the front left, and I guess there is another one on the right hand side, those are a bit irritating to my eye.

nice work! Uli

I like it, too! Great realization.

I do like it, very nice for a dreamy look but if I had to changed it I like it to have more contrast and lesser brightness Smile for a pc wallpaper (lol)