Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pre shoot preperation

Hi all.
I recently retired and took up photography again but as I am disabled and have to use crutches to get around I needed to find my own way of making sure I did not forget anything when planning a shoot. I also needed to modify carrying equipment and now pass my thoughts on for comment and any other suggestions.
I welcome any idea's or comments on the attached document

Attached Files
.docx Photo Prep.docx Size: 169.47 KB  Downloads: 190

Thanks Mike, a good check list. I have never thought about changing aspect ratio for shoots. Don’t even know whether I can. I have often wondered about a front mounted pack, rather than a back pack, as it should be possible to get stuff out without taking the pack off, and possibly you could rest the camera on it for shooting

I sometimes chat to a chap that is disabled too.
He goes to extremes though, a camera for each lense. "Saves me swapping them over" he says!
He has now got himself a mobility scooter and takes his cameras everywhere in a basket on the front. Best thing he ever did!

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

(Oct 27, 2013, 09:44)johnytrout Wrote:  I sometimes chat to a chap that is disabled too.
He goes to extremes though, a camera for each lense. "Saves me swapping them over" he says!
He has now got himself a mobility scooter and takes his cameras everywhere in a basket on the front. Best thing he ever did!

Thanks for the response. I tried a front pack but this put to much weight on the front of my spine and made walking difficult, with a backpack it makes me stand up straighter making it easier to walk

(Oct 27, 2013, 09:32)Dean Wrote:  Thanks Mike, a good check list. I have never thought about changing aspect ratio for shoots. Don’t even know whether I can. I have often wondered about a front mounted pack, rather than a back pack, as it should be possible to get stuff out without taking the pack off, and possibly you could rest the camera on it for shooting
Hi Dean, thanks for respoding, please see reply to JohnyTrot as I replied to the wrong message first (old age and senior moments :-)Blush

This is one great list. Don't forget to have fun Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

make sure your spare memory card is there. That way, when you leave the card in the computer, you can still use the camera.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by a_orme
Sep 18, 2014, 12:41