Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

capture one pro

hi everyone

does anyone uses capture one pro....

i have downloaded it as a friend gave me a pentax ist d to play around for the week....anyway this is my problem

I have shot in raw i can see my pix in preview have redone exposure and everything but now how do i save them? would like to save all of them in one go as tiff

anyone knows the basics? any tips? anything?

please help

regards

christian

Highlight the preview thumbnails for the ones you want to process, then type the "insert" key on your keyboard.

BUT FIRST ...

Go to the "process" tab and set all the settings, and also the directory where you want the processed images to go. Then click the button to start processing. (Or the insert key, which is just a keyboard shortcut.)

Hang on and I'll try to post some screen grabs ...

hi

great....thanks a million...this program is great

what i have found out is that after goin to process opens the pix in photoshop as tiff.

i will post it

[Image: IMGP0350.jpg]

byrt_001 Wrote:what i have found out is that after goin to process opens the pix in photoshop as tiff.

Yes, you can turn that off if you want: click the little checkbox at the lower right that says "automatically open processed images."

[Image: 96_screen.jpg]

To set your directory folder for the processed files, click the green folder under "batch editor" and set it there. The easiest thing to do, once that window opens, is click the box that says "always process to associated folder." Then it will create a "developed" subfolder for the folder that has your RAW images. It's a convenient way to keep organized.

Also notice the three tabs "Image 1", "Image 2," and "Image 3." You can process up to 3 different versions (different file sizes) of the same image at the same time. So you can make a full-rez file, a low-rez for emailing or web posting, etc.

And when you are ready to process them, click the red + under "batch editor" and it will queue up your files. (Note: use the leftmost red + to actually process them; the other one adds them to the queue but doesn't start processing.)

hi

thanks you have help me a lot...was going a bit mad already. I think im going to get this program, as compare to nikon capture. this one is much better than nikon capture. The lady who gave me the camera to play with she told me that she wants me to teach her a few things about photography and how the camera works. I have been ver impress with this little camera. can you believe that produces 300 dpi tiff files!!! 10x6 inches!!!! 17megs!!!

anyway thanks againg, much appreciated

regards

christian

hi

not sure if you have this or if it helps you

http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/Sear...nguageID=1

it is a downloaded Skintone color profiles for use with Canon or Nikon Cameras . it is a bit big 16.5 megs.

the more i work with this programthe more i like it

regards

hi

sorry to bother you againg....but

i have done what you sujested, created some other version of the same photo diferent sizea

it also created some other files

UID_IMGP0353.jpg_20051108043307
UIDAD1AEDBD672BCF82DB615766143A5FA5.C1p
UIDAD1AEDBD672BCF82DB615766143A5FA5.C1w
UIDB7E48A0AA355B1AFFC14430D8FBEF8CD.C1p

what are these files for? should i delete them?

regards

christian

That looks like the images that are created in the previews cache. Where did they generate Christian?

J's right, those look like the preview and working files (which contain the editing info - C1 does not work on the actual RAW files; instead it stores the edit info in these other files.) Don't delete the work files unless you want to start over. It's okay to delete the previews when you are finished because you can later re-assign the work files to the RAW image and the previews will regenerate. Your preview cache can get quite large, so it's actually a good idea to periodically purge old previews.

That's interesting about the skintone profiles. But I tend to think a device profile should be device-specific, not subject-biased. I like the "etcetera" profiles you can buy at www.etcetera.cc They are very neutral, which ideally is what you want from a device profile.

hi

thanks you have really help me a lot..... and some simple and basic stuff.

i have been reading some other stuff from their site, so i know a little more.

i find this program very good, i wish i could have used it before. i remember i never got used to the nikon capture program and i ended up doing all the processing with photoshop

thanks againg

regards

christian