Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

computer break down....

Sad Sad Sad

It's been two weeks since my laptop's windows suddenly gave up and won't start up anymore.
I have been trying to get some help with it, not exactly an easy task being in the middle of nowhere, i. e.
relatively rural China.

The biggest obstacle in the end is that I am using a German version of Windows, it would be easier to find
someone who could lend an English Windows boot CD... but anyway, I have pretty much given up in the idea of trying to get it fixed here.

Luckily, there was barely any data on the hd, since my pics etc are all stored on external drives.

And after all it is only 6 more weeks until I will go to Germany for a holiday, so I will get it done there.
However, that means 6 weeks without any processing!! I have reduced my shooting, will end up with a pile to do anyway...
thinking about installing the PSCS trial version on the computer provided by the university, but this thing is permanently virus stricken and ever breaking down itself.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that this is why I won't be showing new pictures for a while.
I am not even sure I want to connect my ext. hard drives to this (university's) computer, too afraid a virus might even infect the hard drive.

Sad greetings to everyone,

Uli

Very sorry to hear about all this Uli... Sad

Hope you can sort it out soon....

Great that you will come to visit your country... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

What a pain - I wouldn't chance your external hard drives at the Uni.

Canon stuff.

Probably right, Chris. I figure my laptop must have caught a virus when I foolishly took it only once and turned off my firewall, even just for a few minutes! Oh well, counting the days until I can go to Germany, planning to fly around mid January

Yeahhhh!

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by gerainte
Feb 15, 2014, 09:08