Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

High ISO

From the day before. Way too high really.
Still apart from the noise one out of two isn't bad. and the bad one is a record.
The birds are Lesser Redpols A bit smaller than a bluetit, and quite happy with me 7ft away, sitting on a buffet.
Bootiful early spring sunshine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Look good - the high iso doesn't bother me at all.

Perfectly usable to me too! Love the 2nd one - very regal looking.

I must have 50-60 of the redpols. But not yet really good ones. (keep the best and dump the rest, I suppose)
Some behind a branch, or looking the wrong way, or moving, or tail cut off, like one of the above.
My tamron hunts like mad when spot focussing, even when in AI mode.
When it works right someone comes down the path with a dog, and they all fly away.
The joy of birding I suppose.
They are funny to watch, being more than a dozen of them. Little spats on the feeders and one yesterday, flew in and fell off backwards . Must have missed it's footing.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Grand. I too laud the high ISO, as that's what the high ISO is for..pointless having it otherwise(?), and it's secured the shot. I'm fine with "noise" and reckon sometimes we don't lke noise because "photography copy" suggests we don't. I think noise gives a nice effect in some camera systems and am all for it..and it hasn't knackered the colours either here.
And, my, I don't think I've ever seem one of these boids; brill.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post