Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

exploring wides(1)

Have spread these 6 shots over 2 posts just to save loading times a bit.
They're all with the 16-35mm: I've put them in this section for 2 reasons: firstly, you might find some of the focal lengths interesting given the subjects. Secondly, whereas I'd not call the close-up ones "macro" as such, I found it interesting to really crawl about on the floor with my nose on top of the subject to see what would happen.
Additionally, I shot all these handheld: I've decided to use this lens without the polariser now, so it's like I've added another "stop or two" to the lens...and of course I'm not fighting against the contrast in strong light(also, ..duh..I don't have uneven polarisation across wide skies...dunno why I didn't do this before, as this IS a fun lens handheld allowing much more freedom of expression.)

[Image: 1173sepiaST.jpg]
21mm f11

[Image: 1189ST.jpg]
16mm f11

[Image: 1207ST.jpg]
35mm f8

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I am always interested in posts that discuss technique. This one is of particular interest to me because I have been shooting so much lately with a fixed 40mm.

I think that #2 really captures the essence of what you are going for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Mar 16, 2010, 08:29
Last Post by adam
Apr 8, 2006, 00:20
Last Post by shuttertalk
Feb 20, 2006, 17:08