Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

falling water

one of my favorite photographic 'genres' is what i call "microscapes" - small, intimate snippets of the landscape, often things that 99.9% of people - including most photographers - would pass by without ever even noticing, much less photographing. this is one such image, taken along a creek in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. this particular spot took 4WD and some scrambling over rocks to reach, but i think this image is worth it...

[Image: FallingWatersigned.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Sure is. The leaf helps the composition too.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Beautiful - love the leaf.

This one really spells "quiet" to me, especially the quality of light falling on the left side. Quite evocative!

(Feb 22, 2012, 18:58)NT73 Wrote:  Sure is. The leaf helps the composition too.

(Feb 22, 2012, 20:24)Toad Wrote:  Beautiful - love the leaf.

(Feb 23, 2012, 12:19)blue Wrote:  This one really spells "quiet" to me, especially the quality of light falling on the left side. Quite evocative!

thanks, folks! Blue, that sense of calm and serenity is something i try to convey in many of my images. i love being out in the woods, out where the only sounds are the gurgle of water over stones, the creak of trees in the wind, or the far-off call of a bird in the forest, where i can close my eyes and breathe in the damp, earthy smell of the woods and imagine that this is what it was like a thousand years ago, before there was anyone here... where even the click of the shutter seems loud and intrusive...

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

(Feb 22, 2012, 17:39)squirl033 Wrote:  but i think this image is worth it...

[Image: FallingWatersigned.jpg]

No kidding. Beautiful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 7, 2015, 11:49
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 20, 2015, 11:36