Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gmail

hi everyone

does anyone uses gmail in here?

sounds very good service better than hotmail and yahoo

christian

I use it, it's great Big Grin a lot of storage!

thanks

adam

for

the

invitation

christian

I use it... but I also use hotmail, yahoo, and a webmail client to check my shuttertalk mail. LOL... 4 mail accounts to check, 5 if you include my work one. Big Grin

I use yahoo mainly for junk mail and newsletters etc., hotmail for more important net stuff (ebay, bookstore, etc.) and gmail for personal mail. The gmail one works well - I only give it out to people I know, so I get next to no spam on the account. Plus, I think their filters are working well.

I kinda like their interface - the ajax stuff where you can navigate and do stuff like replying without having to wait for a new page to load. I also find their "thread" / "conversation" metaphor a bit confusing though - I'm used to seeing messages like in outlook. Sometimes I have to spend a few minutes hunting or searching for a particular message, especially if the conversation has continued since then.

But all in all, I like it. The new windows live mail beta looks good as well though - I like it because it uses the familiar outlook style interface. If you use outlook 2003 (i do for my work email), then you'll be instantly at home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by peter
Feb 11, 2005, 02:22
Last Post by slejhamer
Sep 10, 2004, 04:26
Last Post by de_axeman
Aug 24, 2004, 00:55