Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

greetings from Germany!

hey everybody,

I hope you are enjoying your summer (-vacation)!
Myself I am going through a little bit of a reverse culture shock, being back in Germany, but generally
it feels good an relaxing. It's not really like being "home", since we haven't had time to furnish the place we bought before leaving last year, so there is no kitchen and I am feeding on TV dinners... Also, M. has had to return to China already, so I am just doing my regular check ups at the dentist etc and enjoying hanging out in
good old Germany. It's amazing how different it is, and sometimes my conscience bugs me when I look at all the wealth we take for granted in this part of the world.
It's been raining continuously for over a week (Irma was smart enough to leave this month!), which I actually appreaciate as a chance to cool down a little before I will have to return to the hot and humid climate of Hefei (China). There has been little time and not many occasions for pictures, my postcard to you is a set of pics I took of the the Mannheim "Strandbad" (~beach), a nice, very slightly derelict place along the Rhine river, with designated bbq areas, a camp site, access to the water - but no swimming because of the ship trafic on the river. It left a very kind of 60s impression in my mind....

[Image: strandbad1.jpg]

Hope all are well, enjoy yourselves!

Greetings,

Uli

You are right it has been raining a lot and it's cold too. Let's hope you have some days with better weather before you come back.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey cool! How long are you in Germany for?

I've heard stories about reverse culture-shock ... must be an interesting experience!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post