Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

looking after accesories

with the cost of accesories being so high (a subject dear to my heart having just spent £120 on a glorified shutter release cable for my D200) It makes good sense to look after them. Although it connects to the camera with a sturdy 10-pin plug I was'nt happy with leaving it hanging there if I had to walk away from the tripod, particularly in high winds. I have solved the problem by attaching a £2 soft camera case (bought from a supermarket) to the leg of the tripod. I have tried it for a while and has proved quite effective.[img]

sorry. this was the image that was supposed to go with it. (my first attempt at this)[Image: 78_001.jpg]

Cool, thanks for sharing your innovative solution! It looks pretty handy to have around too - especially for making sure those little bits and pieces don't go astray...

What else does it do besides trip the shutter, for that money?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I bought it from a website that did'nt have any other ones advertised. apparantly nikon do one that just trips the shutter but it is difficult to track down. according to the 90-odd page instruction booklet that comes with it (and is actually bigger than the item) it can take multiple shots and timed shots over long periods. But for that kind of money i was dissapointed to see that it did'nt wash my car as well.

Mmhhh I have two for my canon. An infra red, which fastens to the neck strap, and a wire remote(plug in jack)
They both cost approx £10.00 each and are genuine Canon. I hate rip off merchants don't you.
It is like car insurance. If you get a speeding ticket, irrelevant of how much over and after you have paid your fine, the insurance company nails you with another £100 over 5 years.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.