Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

moody arvo

G'day all, I have been out a few times lately to get some pics.........I seem to be in a bit of a rut. Not much to show for my efforts......maybe I am expecting too much..........hmmmmm dunno :/ Anyhow I have been trying to pp my way back with bad shots to start with Big Grin

This is one I have been playing with.

[Image: 32_lake%20mac%201.jpg]

I really like the colours in the water, and how the rest is pretty mono. The silhouetts of the canoes looks great too. it gives me a quiet, dramatic feel as though something is about to happen. calm before the storm so to speak.

Sorry to hear your in a rut Sad
You'll get back up!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I think your picture is very beautiful! I like a lot the canoes as well and the reflection... Your sky looks dramatic... very nice detail in the clouds.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It sure has a mood to it, well done! Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I have to agree with everyone else. It has a great feel to it and the colors are very nice too. To be honest this is one that i can see hanging on a wall..

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

It's a very nice shot, the mood and lighting are great. (There's just a little triangular something in the LR corner, just up the right side, that could use a touch of the clone tool.)

...and they look like kayaks to me...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks everyone for all you comments........appreciate the positive feedback.

Matt.........what triangle thing??? Big Grin fixed, thanks missed that Big Grin

Very nice. Just the sort of moody shot that I like best. Great use of negative space in the black surround.

Thanks Toad,
The original was not so moody. I wanted to add that feel to it. I just copied the background to a new layer, set the blend to multiply and then play with curves etc to taste.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Sep 8, 2011, 07:41
Last Post by nia
May 11, 2010, 09:33