Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

negative2positive

I have 100 or so 1950s black and white 2.5 inch square negatives from photos I took when I was a child. I want to get pictures from these negatives and have worked out that the best way is to photograph the negative with a digital camera and then invert it on a graphics program. I only have a Nikon 3200 with 18-55mm and 55-300mm lenses and would like to know if this is possible with this kit or do I need a special lens? I have 2 lower priced digital copiers that copy 35mm negatives very well and I used one of these to copy my old negatives thus, I cut a piece of a laminating pouch to the width of the supplied 35mm negative holder, placed my old negative inside then sent the cut down pouch through the copier and bingo I had a picture but it was a cropped version with a small part of each side missing so I did not get my full photo.The larger copiers are too expensive for me (unless someone out there knows different) and I cant find a shop near enough for me to use to have them done professionally so I need to do them myself...Can anyone help..I hope so, thanks.[/font]