Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new camera

got me a new camera... a Yashica 635 TLR, with a 35mm film adaptor kit to boot! now i can use both 120 and 35mm film with one body, how cool is that? oh, also got an all plastic Baner (a Diana-F clone) 6x6 toy camera... can't wait for them to arrive!!

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Very cool. There are those that say that format cameras are the only way to shoot landscapes. Not sure I would go that far, but the extra resolution does give amazing detail. Don't know much about the Baner - but can't wait to see some photos.

[edit] Hah!! that's a good one. I googled "Banner camera" and found only one reference - a recently closed auction on EBay Australia with the winning bidder being "patch1707"...

Coincidence? I think not...

haha... yep, that would be me. i've been looking for a diana or one of it's close clones for a while and managed to score this one. i was surprised that i was the only bidder on this item, they're normally very popular.

The toys

Congrats! More to your collection Big GrinBig Grin

hey patch , i am going shooting with a guy that has a Graflex 22 TLR for sale ( not tryin to " spam " . I dont know much about TLRs ( or very many other cameras Big Grin ) but you might be interested . I dont know how much he wants for it or how much it would cost to send it there but i can find out if you are intersted .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

hmmm... thanks for the offer Shawn. but i'm kinda low on the green stuff at the moment. (i'm finishing up my new place before we can move in) and these latest purchases are going to be hard to explain to my other (better) half. i just couldn't resist the 635 and i've been searching for a diana for some time. So I think i'll pass this time.

The toys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15