Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new canon

Hi Everyone

I recently saw this in shuttertalk

I'm waiting. Waiting for 12-16 megapixels, at a reasonable price, with a metal body, and low noise.
It wont be long................................
by ruf ruf.

Well I htink it is about time that the gap closes, I htink they might produce a 12 or 14 mgp with a 8 frames/sec. or even a 10 frames/sec. Similar body to the eos 1ds mark 2.

uuuhmmm

cya

I think the key is "at a reasonable price"... what price is that?

The 1Ds MK II does 16 megapixels but only 4 fps max. The 1D MKII does 8.5 fps but is only 8 megapixel.

Both these are way above "reasonable price" territory. Big Grin

I think realistically, those sort of specs are really pushing the boundaries of digital photography technology at the moment -- and there's no way manufacturers would make them at bargain prices...

uuhmmm thats right....uuhmmm 350d body?

uuhmmm thats right....uuhmmm 350d body?

I think realistically, those sort of specs are really pushing the boundaries of digital photography technology at the moment -- and there's no way manufacturers would make them at bargain prices

18 months max. Bet you £1 Tongue

Cave canem

Hi

I also think there is something on the pipe line..... i can feel it.... the force? Canon?

Canon is going to close that little gap that nikon is trying to get hold of.

Is there any rumours on the web?

Take care

ruf ruf

Dogs have better hearing than Humans.

I heard a rumour on the time-line. Late 2006.................................................................. Cool

Cave canem

Cramming 12MP into a 1.6x sensor is a bad idea. Noise noise noise! It will probably happen because consumers are deluded into thinking that more MP is always better. But there is much discussion on the web about the 8mp 20D being softer than the 6mp 10D because of more aggressive noise filtration - a necessary evil when you put more (smaller) pixels into the same size sensor. How will 12MP cameras fare in this regard?

Will Canon push the 1D's 1.3x sensor down to the consumer level? Maybe ... but not to the all-important US$1,000 price point anytime soon. 2006 seems very optimistic. Full-frame is way off, and the smaller manufacturers (Nikon, et al.) can't do it because they are all beholden to Sony for their CCD sensors.

Can Sony mass-produce full-frame sensors? Sure, eventually ... but for now, those are big margin items and there is little reason to start a price war with Canon. Plus each of Sony's customers wants to spec the sensors with slight differences, so mass production isn't achievable right now. Besides, things are already too competitive at the low end, and a price war at the high end would kill some other players (witness Oly's recent 45% profit decline even though unit sales were up and market share remained the same.)

: thinking out loud :

Wait and see, Mr S....................................................

It may even be b4 the end of 2006.

Cave canem

Hahah, I'm collecting bets... Big Grin

(just kidding)

AS a matter of interest....i read an article from the canon manager saying that in future they will join the two pro models to one. so maybe is a new pro model comming up. Also remember that they are trying to be the best digital camera, and they are doing a very good job.

why not a Gigapxl?
/sorry it you have already seen this. i think it is awesome

Hah! I would be able to store just about as many of those shots on my PC harddrive as I can store now on a 32 MB flash card... Big Grin

angelphotographer Wrote:why not a Gigapxl?
/sorry it you have already seen this. i think it is awesome

Hey angelphotographer, that's awesome!

"Early on, the goal was set at 1,000 megapixels. However, as technology has advanced, the bar has been raised to 4,000 megapixels; a figure that we expect to reach within the next several months."

I've seen gigapixel images before, but where a photographer had to physically take thousands of photos with a normal digital SLR and stitch them together. If this one does it in one pass, then - wow! Big Grin

wow!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post