Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

newbie, stock photographer

Hello

My name is David from Brisbane in Australia.

Nice to be with all you people

I have been doing stock photography for nearly a year as a way to make some bucks.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome to Shuttertalk, David.

Hey David, welcome!

I'm interested to know - how has the stock photography experience been?

stock is pretty competitive. at the moment I only have about 250 images which makes me about $150 US a month. It is a great way to learn however.

Hey that's not too bad... at least it gives you some residual income trickling in. Big Grin

Do you find you have to keep adding images, or do the old ones keep earning?

Welcome David!!!

Welcome David,

Good to hear that you have income from the stock stuff coming in. I am sure this is something everyone would like to hear about. Like how did you go about it, how often do you try to update it, etc?

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Welcome from another Shuttertalker Wink

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

There is certainly advantages with stock photos in uploading small amounts at a time. For a start, the reviewers seem to be kinder to people when they only submit 5 at a time. Apart from that, I have uploaded 50 and had the whole lot rejected for noise. That means I have to go back and noise ninja the whole lot and resubmit.

Also, the newest images always appear on a special page on the sites which designers often look at. Having a regular flow of images keeps you in the loop.

You could make an income, say $50,000 a year by having 2500 images I would think. It is nice to wake up in the morning and see your images have made $ while you slept.

Wow, earning $ in your sleep is definitely a plus! Thanks for some great insight into stock photography... will definitely need to investigate more.

There are stacks of sites, but focus on the earners. Most of them are a waste of time. In order the best are:
1. www.dreamstime.com 2. www.shutterstock.com 3. www.istockphoto.com 4. www.fotolia.com

there are also 2 brand new sites that may interest those more comfortable with macro, and premium micro.

one is owned by Corbis and the beta version is at www.snapvillage.com

and another that I believe is going to work has just come on line at: www.moodboard.com

Hope you have fun and make some $

Thanks for the links.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cesna
Jan 22, 2021, 01:34
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54