Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

nikon d200 near

I think we are on the same boat, im still using my f5 and a few lenses. I will get the body with the drive and a 17-55 f2.8 oooh and the sb800.

i hope it comes before xmas

Body only for me.... I have a nice array of nikon lenses that I am dying to use on that baby.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond200/

P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

yyeeeahhhhh is here!!!!

fanally

yeeeeeee

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat...ctNr=25235#

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0511/05110104nikond200.asp

You're the man, Paul. I just checked there 5 minutes before you posted this.

hehe :-) yea i belive phil was quite pissed with all the leaks so he put it out as fast as he could lol.

It looks like a awesome camera, granted that one didnt have to high expectations

Im gonna wait at least 6 months, so im sure qc and internal firmwares are up to speed, wont be needing it until the summer. (gonna use it as a backup for weddings and for low light shots)

Its almost like i want to skip my floorball game, and go to Nikon for a touch and feel experience LOL

Rob and Jericho go get one !!

Congrats fellas.

/P:L

not too high expectations? Looks like it stacks up quite favorably against the 5D...not that I give a hoot - all DSLRs are capable of great work - all depends on your specific needs.

I will put in an advance order for the body tomorrow - it meets my needs

Yes Rob it stacks up more then well against the competition. Imo its beats the 5d in everything except the fact the 5d has a FF sensor wich has it disadvantages/advantages. The 5d is aimed at the people who cant afford @ 1dsmark II or think its to bulky.

When it comes to noise, well im sure the 5d will have slight advantage over 1600. Given its ff sensor.

What i meant was people wanting all the d2x features packed into the d200 for less then half the price, it didnt happen.

But suprisingly many people (especially at DRP) thought it would have cam 2000, 12mp, crop mode, d2 viewfinder. etc.

The D200 simply looks great.

/P.L

Yup - agreed - I for one never felt it would have all the features of the D2X - why would Nikon shotgun its flagship? makes no sense. It has just about exactly the feature set that I anticipated (and hoped for) at a price range approximately $300 US less than I expected. I don't need to wait for the reviews. All Nikon's DSLRs have been great from the D50 to the D2X. Why should this one be any different?

Yes there is no reason at all that this shouldnt be great!

And i agree, the price is really attractive!

Will be great to put your Nikkor glass to use on a (Nikon) digital body ey Rob ?

http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/d200_2page.pdf

/P.L

Woohoo! Bout time the other brands stepped up their megapixel count for their non-pro cameras...

The feature list sounds very impressive as well - it'll be interesting (fun?) to see the different camps duke it out over FF vs features...

Well I did it! Put a $500 deposit down on the D200 body.

Should be actually in my hands about Dec 15.

I did the same. Whuhoo!

Hey Rob. Its my understanding that it comes with Nikon Capture in the US. Do you know if it does in Canada? I don't believe it does?! What gives???

Couldn't say really, but I expect it will come with the same s/w package - no real reason why not as it is not 3rd party.

Congrats Jerry - I think we will be very happy with these!

I expect we will be very happy... and for a while to come.

I have looked into a site where I am buying the camera from and they list Picture Project as the software it comes from? Thats hardly useful.

In your travels and queries maybe you could ask around as well.

Having the D70 as my backup body is the best of all situations. I was going to sell it.. but why really? Damn good camera.

hi everyone

not sure if you have been following the discussion ar dpreview....this was posted resently about raw files from the d200

there even a raw for download and what program can open it?

uuhmmm

let me try

sorry this is the link for download http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RJS8Q...XJRGCBNSMF

and where u can find it

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.a...e=15822999

hi

just to let you know that capture one does not open it...
photoshop cs2 nope
uuhmmm

will they do a raw converter for these programs?

Of course they will - it always takes a short time for Adobe, Bibble and the others to add a new camera to their raw converters. That is the main reason that they release updates so regularly. Hopefully they are working on this right now and the converters will be available before the camera is actually released (in December?).

The people at dpreview are such alarmists. Every tiny scrap of information about every minute detail of every camera is debated endlessly back and forth with tempers flaring.

I do read their gearhead posts regulalry though - because when you are about to do some shopping - somebody has asked every question that you could possibly have about the proposed hardware - and others have debated it ad nauseum. You need to take what you read with a grain of salt however.

Totally agree with Rob, dpreview blow everything and nothing out of porportion.

I belive you need a updated Nikon Capture to edit the file.

The updates will be offical when/after the D200 is shipped.

/P.L

Haha, the camera isn't even shipping yet... but no doubt, it won't be long before the raw converters are released...

On another note, I did some panoramas in Microsoft Digital Image Suite Pro 10, and then went to open some other files to work on... and guess what? No RAW support. I can't believe the call it "Pro"... *Cough* Charlatans *Cough*. Big Grin

hi

yea i have notice that about dpreview but still nice to follow their discussion for sometime.

regards

christian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00