Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

on line favor?

Hi, could someone do me a favor and tell me if you can actually still access and read my blog at
www.ulrikenews.blogs.friendster.com

??

There seems to be some problem that me and another friend in China have been encountering, and I am wondering if it's just, us, China, or friendster. I can still update my blog, but cannot view it myself anymore.
If you can still access it, are the pictures from today there? Did they upload?

I would really appreciate your help,

Thanks a lot, Uli

clicked on the link and went straight in. no problems

Link works with no problems. Saw the latest entry - Musicians and Administration and all images (all links to larger images) worked fine.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Indeed.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thank you!!

So it's some problem within China... I will continue to update as long as I can... it's getting harder to find spaces for blogs that aren't blocked in China :mad:

Uli

I saw it fine too , so they block blogs in China ? I wonder what there resoning is for that ? I guess its the little things that we take for granted .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Works fine in the UK.

Guessing you've not heard of the Great Firewall of China?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ce...c_of_China

They block a whole load of website which either show the Chinese goverment in a bad light or have content which they fine disagreable.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

uhum, should have mentioned that wikipedia is blocked here too!
reasoning is not exactly a word I would use to describe what's going on in their minds....

There are some ways to circumvent the blocks, but using them usually slows down traffic largely, an so far I just coped. It's annoying, but not as bad for us who can get info from outside the country as for, say, my students, who believe in everything their government tells them - or doesn't tell them.

Uli

There is a screenshot of the Wikipedia page
[Image: my.php?image=goldenshieldprojectwikivg7.jpg]

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Thank you Alastair, real interesting. Even though it doesn't exactly make me feel better about being INSIDE this system.... :o

I am hopefull things will change in China, the pressure from outside it toooo big. Right now, they can allow themselfs to pick the raisins from the cake, in terms of spurring export trade, hosting the Olympics etc etc. The (western) world might be giving them some credit and allow them to still refer themselves as a developing country when it suits their purpose (CO2 emission....), but these days will come to an end and China will have to "behave" if it wants to be equal player in world politics.

Indeed. Let's just hope for wulinka's sake they don't block shuttertalk!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I can read it.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

If we keep talking like this, they WILL block ST! :o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rabid Penguin
Apr 23, 2008, 13:57