Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

one of me, one of the band

just 2 I've messed about with here:

[Image: aab_P1020889_SRtoned1Web.jpg]

[Image: NAMES_squareWeb.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I'd like to see you guys live some time. The *look* of the band in the photos makes me want to see them because it looks like it would be a really good time (which is what you aspire to in a publicity shot at the end of the day, yes?).

The look is a bit "Commitments" - even though without brass that guess is pretty unlikely. So what kind of music do you do, anyway? Not Christian Rock, I hope (sorry - no slight intended - but I guess you are either on the bus or off the bus - so that genre always feels exclusionary to me).

BTW: the solo guitar shot looks great. The intensity of expression and selective dark brushing really help focus the viewer - worth a thousand words...and the force of your creativity has spawned a little bird by parthenogenesis...

My goodness Toad, there was me in pp, pixellating away and never even saw the bird-thang....!
Hahaha! Excellent caveat there mate! Big Grin Yes, "Christian rock" as a genre is generally pants, innit! I know what you mean, "muzak for the elect" and all that; that's a real good point, and I'll make sure I don't label my own stuff as such, as your observation is spot on.
Ha: nope, I'm the only Christian in the outfit, but hey, I'm both a poor example of one myself whereas the folks in the band are exemplary in deploying the gifts they've been blessed with; I can safely say that I'm the one on the attitude learning-curve.
The genre is perhaps easier to define now, as I gather it was edging around country-billy with a touch of Sheryl Crowishness and forays also into decisive rockabilly at times. I gather since I joined it's now more firmly what we'd call "country rock" in the UK, but maybe more correctly identified as more "west coast" to a trans-ponder...? Works very well live, and Tim our rhythm guitarist is a very gifted songwriter ,so I'm glad we're not a "covers band".
I'll hopefully be able to advise you of a link to some audio shortly: we've got one more day in the studio to tweak the mix, then it'll be mastered by the start of next week,....then it's CDs out to get gigs and some audio somewhere online. We've got 2 gigs in April but glad we can concentrate on live playing now after the "admin".

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Let me know when the CD breaks. I want one.

Me too... have 5 CD's from people I know from forums so far, and not a bad one amongst them!

When I started a Vox, was an amplifier brand. You are too deep Shaun. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I love the guitar solo photo, and would never have noticed the bird without it being pointed out, but it works and probably has a positive subconscious influence as well.

I know nothing about music, despite being an avid listener, so the actual creation is far beyond me - but it's a fascinating discussion, and as a photographer, my mind is completely blown by people who can create something out of nothing. I'm looking forward to hearing what you are able to put online.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Toad Wrote:Let me know when the CD breaks. I want one.
Me too dear Zig Smile and yes, once again GOOD LUCK for you all.

These photographs wonderful but the first one, more! I wish(ed) to hear too Smile

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

My goodness; you shall go to the ball Cinderella(one way or another!),,Big Grin

Zig Wrote:My goodness; you shall go to the ball Cinderella(one way or another!),,Big Grin
..... Smile

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Zig Wrote:My goodness; you shall go to the ball Cinderella(one way or another!),,Big Grin
Okay, but I am not wearing those glass slippers, they caused blisters last time!

Awshucks! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by adam
Mar 29, 2008, 03:15