Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pet frog macro pics

Had a pet frog for about 12 mths ..called it wally after the 'wheres wally' kids game.
It was hard to ever find in the bushes..lived on my old computer screen in outside cupboard most days. Went out about every 3rd night to eat .. Finally lost it in a cyclone .. went out and didn't come home .
Pics were taken when wally was busy eating bugs on my kitchen window .

One pic of wally being bitten by mosquito.. other rude pic...still not sure if boy or girl.
Maybe someone knows?
Frog was wild one from my garden. Is a native Johnson River white lipped.
Pics taken at my home in cairns Australia prior to arriving uk.

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting macro pics of a frog Smile Would love to shoot one of those someday. Care telling us your Camera settings here if you still got it? Thanks

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(May 17, 2013, 23:19)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Interesting macro pics of a frog Smile Would love to shoot one of those someday. Care telling us your Camera settings here if you still got it? Thanks
Camera canon 20d and lens is canon 180mm 2.8 macro. No flash used as the window frame has a 4' flouro built in that is pretty close to the glass.
Shot at f6.3 x 1/80 sec and iso's cranked up to 3,200.
Hand held shots and far as post process goes, they are usually pretty sharp with that lens anyway. Was a raw file so plenty of latitude to adjust shadows/ hi light though didn't need much.
In camera auto white balance worked quite well. I thought it may not have, with the loss of green spectrum in flouro lights.
Compared to some awkward macro pics... was easy shooting jim t

Nice - thank you for posting!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

It did worked quite well on your white balance. Brings out those green and natural colors of the frog under it. Well done JIM Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I think these are magnificent. They enlarge my world. I like the way Wally seems so patiently to accept the mosquito bite.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(May 19, 2013, 10:37)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  I think these are magnificent. They enlarge my world. I like the way Wally seems so patiently to accept the mosquito bite.
yes right in the eye... and be didn't seem to mind at all!

(May 17, 2013, 11:53)jim truscott Wrote:  Had a pet frog for about 12 mths ..called it wally after the 'wheres wally' kids game.
It was hard to ever find in the bushes..lived on my old computer screen in outside cupboard most days. Went out about every 3rd night to eat .. Finally lost it in a cyclone .. went out and didn't come home .
Pics were taken when wally was busy eating bugs on my kitchen window .

One pic of wally being bitten by mosquito.. other rude pic...still not sure if boy or girl.
Maybe someone knows?
Frog was wild one from my garden. Is a native Johnson River white lipped.
Pics taken at my home in cairns Australia prior to arriving uk.

Nice froggy Smile I don't know if it's a girl or a boy, you can't say that by the pic..if it was a loud frog, then it was a boy. If wasn't, then it was a girl.

I like the first one very much. It's clean, bright, sweet, even with the mosquito on her eye. Other ones are a bit too scientific for my taste Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by enriqueperez
Mar 18, 2020, 11:36
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Mar 3, 2016, 12:25
Last Post by snaphappy
Mar 10, 2015, 02:22