Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

photokina

hey there,

anyone in Germany these days and planning to visit photokina?
I will be there on Saturday, get in touch if you want to meet up!

Greetings from the windy North,

Uli

Hello Uli - nice to hear from you. When you are there, please pick up as yet unannounced replacement for Nikon 80-400 please TongueBig Grin

It must be a great show to visit. Matthew and I are jealous (well I am in any case). Enjoy. Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

It's good to see you around, Uli.

I am jealous too, but then I'm going to be taking a day from my honeymoon to visit PhotoPlus East when I'm in New York next month. I'm looking forward to being able to play with all of the newest camera gear and talk to the sales reps - it will be such a change from my day job. Tongue

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hi Uli,

Unfortunately, no chance to visit Cologne at the moment. Lots of work around here.. Wink

Hope you are doing fine... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hea guys,

good to hear from you!
@Pavel: will do Big Grin anything else on anyone's wishlist?

@Mat: Wow, your going to THE city!! *envy* hope you enjoy!! I remember you talking about your plans, but that seems centuries ago.. where has all that time gone?!? any other plans but PhotoPlus? did I tell you not to miss a trip to Staten Island?

@Irma: I'm sorry we've been so out of touch, what are you busy with? Hope things are going well for you, my greetings to Guerito and the cats! Smile

Uli, tell me about it - it's just over a month away now, and it feels like time has just flown by.

Staten Island is definitely on the list, as is MoMA, the Whitney, and B&H. I'll be taking a day to do PhotoPlus while Penny does the Sex and the City tour - we delegate well - and we're going through our books that came with the Citypass to flag the other things that we want to see. The flights are booked, so now I just need to figure out the hotels and try not to freak out about what they cost. It will be worth it, and it'll be an easy trip. I can't wait.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hey Uli... nice to hear from you!

I wish I could be there but sadly, it's only a wish at this stage. Big Grin

My brother in law and sister in law are in Germany though, visiting the Oktoberfest (although they're probably back in London by now).

Jules

There is a lot of talk on FM about Canon's rumored release of 3 updated lenses at Photokina:

1)100-400 4L - improved IS
2) 35 1.8
3) 400 5.6 IS

Has anyone here heard about it, are these rumors credible?
-----------------------------
ADMIN: Link Removed.

The 35 F1.8 sounds pretty cool...