Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

picassa 2, available free!

out of curiousity, i downloaded and installed the new picassa 2 software.

have been very pleasantly surprised... it runs very fast, previews raw files, and has a set of pretty good photo-editing tools, far beyond the usual red-eye correction, auto-colour etc...

you can actually tweak shadows/highlights and colour correct with this... and it even saves the steps, so you can undo them.

i doubt it'll take the place of photoshop for more important pictures, but it's pretty good for viewing, and much much faster and less memory intensive for things like sorting through a big bunch of pictures, doing basic retouch, then sending to friends or posting on the web.

go give it a try!

I actually installed it last night to take a look. So far I like what I saw.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I've been using version 1.6 quite often, mainly using it to browse through my collection when I want some photos to print, as it allows you to scroll through very quickly.

I got version 2 on friday, but admittedly haven't expored it too much.. :

I also downloaded it. It's great. It found and organized every photo I ever made plus any graphics. It also makes a wonderful little slide show to share on Video CD.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bridgette1967
Oct 31, 2018, 09:08