Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pink spots on pics on a Sony a-100

Hi just joined and hoping to get some help on the pink sections on the pics that I took with my sony a-100.
I saw somwhere that there was a bad batch of CCD sencors so I pulled the sony apart and changed that but still about the same .maybe the new one is a bad one also .I bought it from china.anyway any tips on what the problem could be.
seeya

There are a couple of possibilities. Can you post a photo taken with the camera so that we can look at the problem?

Could you describe what the pink sections look like?

Are they vertical lines, rectangular areas or more like splotches?

Hi First of all sorry for the time it took to reply . PC problems.
here are some pics if I can get them uploaded
[Image: 35_DSC05351.JPG]
[Image: 40_DSC05377.JPG] [Image: DSC05445.JPG]

[Image: 93_DSC05444.JPG]

[Image: DSC05439.JPG]

[Image: DSC05438.JPG]

Wow I see if they work.:/

still the same with new CCD censor installed.

is there a site where I can buy ribbon connectors or what ever they call the copper flat paper like connectors for a sony A-100.

thanks for the help

I like the effect of the second pic but dont want it there all the timeWink

bazzah0:

That's pretty severe. If a new sensor doesn't cure it, maybe its something in the display configuration.

What I am seeing in these photos is that the pink effect seems to correspond in a lot of cases to specific *bright* areas of the photo (photos 1 and 2 are good examples). This looks suspiciously like the "Display Clipped Highlights" option that is available on the A-100 Image Data Converter edit program. Here is a link to a description of it including a screenshot.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/page18.asp

Sorry - I can't be of more help - but I would start by looking at that who you have that option configured.

looks good thanks.
I got the camera second hand and have no programs with it just now .can I change the setting within the camera.
next problem is when I put camera back together the second time the display not working now so making it hard to change any settings just now.I will work on that little glitch.
do you know where I can get ribbon connectors.

bazzah0 Wrote:when I put camera back together the second time the display not working now
I'm intrigued. You replaced the sensor yourself? I'm not trying to dismiss you - I'm actually impressed. Please describe to me what you have done up till now - I promise I will try to help...

Toad Wrote:
bazzah0 Wrote:when I put camera back together the second time the display not working now
I'm intrigued. You replaced the sensor yourself? I'm not trying to dismiss you - I'm actually impressed. Please describe to me what you have done up till now - I promise I will try to help...
well I got the body of ebay for 80 aust dollars with this problem so its a bit of a project of mine.
I have never pulled a camera to bits before but its easy as if you just mark put screws in a patern that came of camera and have a very fine tiped soldering iron.
there are no ajustments (not that I know of anyway) for the CCD cencor just for screws to put it place and 1 ribon wire to solder to CCD .mind you in the process 2 other connectors got dry joints on CCD near where I soldered so put soldering iron on for a second on both and fixed that, it is a big job and you have to unconnect heaps af ribbon connectors first and 2 chip boards to get to the CCD censor .I am going to see what is going on with the screen now .

I did stuff up once I should of solderd of a earth connection instead of folding board back with ribbon on it and when I was working on other stuff the ribbon cord must of been going back and forward and broke off.I scraped the 2 bits of plastic cover of ribbon and got to the earth copper connection wire and soldered them. its rough but it works for now .thats why I am looking for a new ribbon connector or a broken Sony A-100 to get parts.Smile

Got it. I know from repairing PDAs and other devices just how fragile ribbon cables can be - and once they are broken, they stay broken. Your pink problem could well be a ribbon cable - based on my very limited experience with them.

Toad Wrote:Got it. I know from repairing PDAs and other devices just how fragile ribbon cables can be - and once they are broken, they stay broken. Your pink problem could well be a ribbon cable - based on my very limited experience with them.
WELL THE CABLE DID STAY BROKEN UNTIL I SOLDERED IT BACK TOGETHER,IT WORKS BUT NOT LEAVING IT LIKE THAT .SO I WANT NEW RIBBON .WHICH IS HARDER THAN IT SOUNDS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Korry
Oct 9, 2013, 03:25
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 18, 2013, 11:52