Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pixels?

im a bit mixed up with this

i want to see how clear the different pixe pictures look like

for example, i would like to see an example of a 2 million pixel photo, a 3 million, 5 million and etc etc (u get the picture lol)

so please give me links or post pics

and also, it would be better if they are photos of people, close-ups as well (not too much lol)

and if the pics are blurrier that they are in real life, then please tell me

thank u

The problem is when you post them you have to reduce the pictures down to the size of the monitor image which is roughly 640 X 480 pixels. All our photos posted here will have about the same resolution.

The issue is not so much how clear the images are but how big they can be and still be clear. If you enlarge a 2 megapixel image to 8 X 10 inches, it will show pixelization or jaggedness from the magnified pixels that make up the image.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don is correct, crikey. Viewing images that have been downsized for the web will not give you any insight regarding a camera's resolution.

He is also correct that the final size is very important. If you intend to only post on the web, then a 1mp pen camera might be adequate. If you want to regularly make 20x30" fine-art prints, then you might consider an 11mp or higher camera.

Other factors, such as the noise reduction algorithms used by the different manufacturers, can also make a big difference.

So why do you want to make this comparison? Are you buying a camera and doing research? Give us more info and we'll give you better answers.

P.S. You can d/l some sample 16.7mp images from a Canon 1Ds Mk-II here:
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dsm2/eos...ple-e.html

They are jpegs and range in size from 10mb to 14mb.

Hi crikey.. if you actually compare the physical dimensions, the megapixel numbers may not be as impressive as they sound.

Here's link with a graphical comparison:
http://www.digitalsecrets.net/secrets/SizeMatters.html

If you're comparing say 2 vs 4 megapixel, then there is a probably quite some difference. 4 vs 5 - not worth mentioning.

In terms of detail and bluriness etc. - most of that is to do with the sharpness of the camera and the compression algorithm they use. If you view shot on screen taken with a decent camera, they should look sharp. A screen usually has anywhere between 1024x768 to 1600x1200 pixels, and even a 2megapixel image (1600x1200) will display well on screen.

If printing, the number of pixels determines how large you can print...

If you are asking this because you want to buy a camera, bear in mind that megapixels are just a minor part of the image quality. What makes a real difference is the lens, and of course a lot of other things too.

Also there's a difference in the actual pixel size on the CCD. See this article for an explanation.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Jan 14, 2006, 19:15