Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

prices of cameras in Perth

hi everyone

Fanaly here in Perth. Great People!

Here is my question:

I have been asking around for prices for canon mark2 and a few lenses and everyone tells me almost the exact prices where is the competition? Is canon AU ruling the prices?

Does anyone know of anyone who can give a good deal in perth?

Reagards

Christian[Image: m1.jpg]

Hi Christian Smile

Have you tried gong to PRA imaging? They have a lot of things to see there, but are closed until Monday the 17th of January. I bought my lens (EFS 17-85) from them for quite a lot cheaper than the other shops. Their website is http://www.prai.com.au.

Another shops I have been told about, (but have not been to) is Camera Electronic.
Their website is http://www.cameraelectronic.com.au/

Other camera shops include Plaza Digital, Camera House, Camera Solutions.
The prices here are rather high (compared to buying overseas after converting the dollar), but in recent cameras like the 20D, it has been roughly the same as other countries. I don't think there is much competition here; You can buy grey-goods much cheaper online (eg: http://www.centre.net.au which have many things.

Where was that picture taken? Just guessing, is it Sunway?

Welcome down here Christian,

Unfortunately you'll find the price is pretty similar wherever you go. Just go with wherever is giving you the best service I'm afraid. PRA have a pretty good returns policy.

Hi

Thanks for the info. I have not look into the PRA. The rest are all the same.

Regards

Chrisitan

Hey Christian, like the others pointed out - the big chains aren't very competitive usually. They seem keen on selling just under RRP (on occasions they might have a sale) and bundling "extras" or useless freebies to entice shoppers.

If you're looking for cheap prices, the lowest can be found at centre.net.au or dirtcheapcameras.com.au or camerastore.com.au. However, for big ticket items, I would recommend buying at a store for the service. Big Grin

Hi

Gooooshhh those prices! incredible!!! this store www.centre.net.au best prices at the moment.

where is this PRA? does any one know their website?

Regards

Christian

PRA is on 63 Newcastle Street, Perth
They are closed until the 17th of January.
Their website is http://www.prai.com.au

centre.net.au has good prices, the only thing is that the goods are grey, but you still get the same thing for cheaper (I think);

Hi Adam

Thanks, Yes much cheaper! but that grey import? is that the outhorise dealer are not going to service? or the warranty is not valid?

Well with canon nothing much can go wrong!

Regards

Christian

I don't know what happens if it needs servicing when under warranty, I guess you have to pay for it;
Last time, when I got my lens, it had a black mark inside, so I called them up, sent it back, and they sent me another one. Had to pay for postage to send it back though.

You may be lucky that the product is free from problems, then you wont need to use the warranty and you'll save a lot, OR if there are problems, you have to send it back to them in the first week or something like that. Smile

Adam

Sorry I forgot about the pix...she is miss Australia when she was in South Africa for the miss world a few years back.

Regards

Christian

Nice looking model - her dress is somewhat overexposed - this is the kind of shot where I like to see the details!!

Hi Toad

yeah but the original pix is much better, somehow is not as nice to see the real print.

Regards

Christian

PS: gooosh the people from www.center.com.au very very good already got a reply and will help with a discount! Very impress!!

Are you sure you emailed the right centre? Tongue
Because centre.net.au (or centre.net.au) are closed until 4th January;
and www.center.com.au is another company Tongue

Hi

uuhmmm will check....hold on.

yeah right place!

For that reason I say very good customer service.

Where are they located? or is only internet base company?

Regards

Christian

They are internet-based,
Located somewhere near Melbourne I believe Smile

Heya Peoplez!!

centre.net.au are based in Melbourne up near the airport. Bought a 1D Mark II from them before Christmas and had not 1 poblem with it. Ordered it on the Monday and received it on Wednesday afternoon. I researched prices on this camera from over 4 months and centre.net.au were always the cheapest. They have great customer support and I will be certainly buying from the in the near future. Last i heard they only had a few 1D Mark II' left in stock so take advantage of it Christian!

Cheers James

Hey James,

Thanks for the info, and welcome to Shuttertalk!

Whereabouts are you from?

Regards,
Jules

Heya,

I'm from Melbourne and dealt with centre.net.au many times and not just for cameras and accessories. They're conveinient as they offer next day delivery to most states provided that the products are in stock. Great service!

Cheers James

So what sort of photography are you in to? How's the Mark II?

Hi James

Yeah that will be interesting to hear from canon user, Thats it 1dmk2!

Or is he just a sales person from centre.net.au

Regards

Christian

Haha! I was going to ask "Do you work for centre.net.au ?" but thought I shouldn't... then byrt says it... Tongue

Last time I bought my lens from them, there was a speck inside it, so called them up, sent it back, and they sent me another one.
I'd consider that good service ALTHOUGH I wouldn't have to do that if I bought the lens from the shop as I would inspect it first, I had to pay postage for sending the item back (but still ended up cheaper than buying from here), and umm,,, I forgot the rest Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 8, 2017, 15:35