Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rescue pics from card

who knows a program to save pictures from a CF card that I formated in my camera?

uli

If you formatted in the camera, 'Windows' should save to PC.
The problems occur when you format on the PC and then take photo's, you can't always upload to another PC.
(I think)
So far I have never formatted a card. After putting the files onto the PC, I just delete files from the card.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Try going to a shareware site such as Tucows.com or do a search for shareware sites and look for recovery software. Some of the newer cards are now coming with the software. It is important NOT to use the card until after the recovery, this will lessen the risk of overwriting the files that you want to revocer.

Jim

Uli, you should have a pm from me...

Good luck!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Uli, if you are still stuck then let me know. I have a couple of data-recovery tools that may help.

Most importantly, DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THE CARD. But I'm sure you already knew that. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

thanks guys!

I am trying G's Rescuepro, it is running now... let's hope.

Uli Smile

Fingers crossed. I hope Rescuepro works for you Uli.
In my experience RescuePro seems to work just fine if you get onto things quickly. It is nice and easy to use too which is always good.

Adrian Broughton

Got'em!! Smile

thanks again guys. rescue pro worked just fine even though it kept saying it would need seventy-one million minutes (I didn't bother to convert that into days), it took about 1 hour to restore the complete raw content of a 4GB card.
even though I know it works now, I think I will be more careful in the future, there was a brief moment of shock there last night.

Off to Hongkong for a long weekend! will be backwithMac!

Uli

woohoo! That's great news. I hate that sickening feeling when you think you've lost something.
Have fun in HK!

Adrian Broughton

Happy shopping Uli... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Good news Uli - looking forward to hearing all about your MacBook Pro.

Canon stuff.

Keep away from Nathan road, and make sure that you get what you want. Not what the shop wishes to sell you.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

thank you guys!!!
I bought it yesterday, and they put a lot of software on it because my cousin knows the shop owner (No worries NT, I have family here so no traps for me)

now I have Lightroom, aperture, the whole CS3 set - just to make you envious Big Grin

I also have lots of stuff I don't seem to need, like an microsoft office email program etc etc etc,
something called guitar barn or whatever.....
so when I get back I will ask you first thing
how to uninstall software from a mac.
I hate having useless stuff crowding my (even though large and fast) HD

I visited Lamma Island, which is a bit of a Hippi Community of HK and lots of fun. It was drizzling, so I did not take too many pictures, but it's a great place.

Greetings!!

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post