Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sharing some display pics

I hope to be having some kind of local display/exhibition this year. Here are 3 of the finished articles: out of interest, the big versions are A3 in 20x16 frames, white mattes inside limewashed natural wood. On a processing level, I've noticed that prints from the 1DsMk2 really sit up and sing from about A3, hitting a peak at about 24 inches on the long side. Genuine Fractals gives a bit of a lift if I want to output at 300dpi from this sort of size. To be honest, I like engaging GF anyway just to up- and down-rez...gives it a bit of snap. Maybe a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but hey I've got a sledgehammer. Wink

Oh yes...I forgot: location: clue= one wasn't taken in Florence(!)
The cathedral shot was taken at full stretch from a good couple of miles away at San Miniato, just above the normal tourist-fest at Piazzale Michelangelo. Madly enough, with Genuine Fractals, the textures on the flowerpots on the cathedral's upper ledges are clearly visible. I posterised the lines to give it that "arty renaissance" feel;
The statues are just opposite the Uffizi; the broken pot motif was flashed on a public screen which is hanging outside the New Uffizi; I bashed the darks into submission so as to make the screen "hang"; I tried to simulate a platinum print with that "stockings on the enlarging lens whilst in the darkroom" feel. Those who learnt about light and photos the proper way will remember what I'm on about here.
Similar idea for the local shot of the tree with harvest bales.
All 3 were shot with the Canon 1DsMk2 with 70-200 f4L(IS)

[Image: 529treeHarv3BW43ratio_c.jpg]

[Image: 343cathedral_A3_c.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Outstanding, Zig!! I can see these at giant size working really well..

Beautiful pictures Zig... Smile

Congratulations!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Love them Zig - number 2 appeals the most.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by wulinka
May 1, 2008, 18:08