DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Some local wildlife (7-pix!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some recent shots from London, Canada, Enjoy!

Blue Jay
[Image: BlueJay_3.jpg]

Red Winged Black Bird
[Image: RedWinged.jpg]

Northern cardinal (male)
[Image: Cardinal-on-ground.jpg]

Cedar Waxwing
[Image: cedrus_csontollu.jpg]

Sparrow
[Image: Csuri_2.jpg]

Gray Squirrel
[Image: Tree-Rat.jpg]

and finally a Chipmunk in Sunset
[Image: Chipmunk_hide.jpg]

Janika
Gorgeous. I don't know how you have the patience for LFB's.
All so beautiful - best ones of seen of yours yet. Love 2 and 4 the best.
Janika, how nice to meet with your beautiful pictures too. These are so beautiful. I loved them, your photograph is great. Fascinated me.
As if they were so happy to give a pose to your camera. You caught them so nicely. Thank you, nice to meet you Janika,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia
Thanks for all the replies, It's been a while I wondered around here, but nice to be back.

Nia: It seems easy, but it's far from it. This type of photography requires extreme patience and it will test your nerves.

WS, The Waxwing is a rare bird, I was standing at the shore, as we saw an Osprey earlier, when I saw these lill fellows.
Janika, You did great! Patience is the main part of this. I admire what you did here. And it was inspiration for me, especially this Bluejay!

[Image: 59_BlueJay_3.jpg]

Once again thank you, love, nia
Great series of images here. Good work.

Can I ask what lens was used for these shots?
Thanks everyone, Sure you can Bob, I used an EOS 50D with an EF 400 f/5.6 L USM lens, All handheld, which is not easy, as this lens has no stabilization (iS).

John
Beauties all. The colours and light stand out. Smile
These images are amazingly sharp for a non stabilized lens. They all have great colour, texture, attractive DOF and effective composition. I feel I can almost reach out and touch the creatures.

Nicely done! Regards.....Dennis
Thanks NT73 and Dennis, I hope to see you at Hawks Cliff in September.
Sound like a fascinating field trip. There surely are lots of opportunities in this province. Maybe someday...a long lens is on my very distant wish list.

Regards.....Dennis
I was thinking the cedar waxwing must be a rare bird for you--they usually live down here but then again it's been so hot and dry maybe he is on vacation Big Grin

Great photos.
Ok Dennis, just let us know once you got the telephoto.

Thanks Keith, We have tons of Waxwings here, but rather difficult to capture one.
If you like em, I'll post some more.