DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Great find... www.pictureframes.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I found this great site and thought I'd share with you...
PictureFrames.com

It allows you to upload a photo and configure matting and a frame all through the web interface. Then you can order the framed print or just the frame. The ordering part is limited to those of us in North America, but the web framing tool is handy for anyone trying to see what a photo might look like framed.

The prices seem reasonable though shipping north of the 49th is a bit steep - 30% of order cost.
Cailean Wrote:The prices seem reasonable though shipping north of the 49th is a bit steep - 30% of order cost.

Is that before or after factoring in the exchange on the dollar?
Soundy Wrote:Is that before or after factoring in the exchange on the dollar?
I believe it's all US dollars so it would be 30% of the US total; ie. On a US$100 order it would be US$30 shipping. Which, now that I think about it, to properly ship a 20" frame, etc. maybe isn't so unreasonable.
That is so cool! Not too badly priced considering what it costs for proper frame, two lots of matting and glass plus mounting.
Good info. Thanks for posting this. I'm definately looking into framing quite a few images for my studio walls as a in house portfolio.
The more I think about it, the better this service sounds... especially since my in-laws live state-side.

BTW, Soundy, when I click your website link all I get is the source code...
EDIT: Actually, it's only when I use netscape that it doesn't work... IE sems to work fine.
Cailean Wrote:BTW, Soundy, when I click your website link all I get is the source code...
EDIT: Actually, it's only when I use netscape that it doesn't work... IE sems to work fine.

Yeah, I know Netscape and Mozilla have that problem with some sites... I THINK it's related to the webserver config somehow but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Just thought I'd mention that I'm completely addicted to pictureframes.com... who knew framing could be so much fun!
My partner is getting into framing so we can do up our own, she has been buying bits and pieces but the good thing about that site is she can test out different styles and colours electronically just like going into a paint store and matching colours.