DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Help me Decide.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to get a credit card for my business with a photo from a wedding on it. Help me to decide which one. Candidates follow:

1)
[Image: Bride1.JPG]

2)
[Image: Chris%20Brown%20Photography%2010.jpg]

3)
[Image: _MG_5382.jpg]

4)
[Image: _MG_2508.jpg]

5) None of the above.

Jules - I couldn't work out how to make this a pole - if you could help that would be great. Thanks,

Chris
All of them are great pictures Chris... but for this purpose I think #3 and then #2 would be nice...

I place #3 in first place because your subject is closer, and very distinctive and the colors are pastel. I think the might not conflict much with the letters of the card.
These are all stunning images - all belong front and center in a a portfolio. IMO, #2 is the one that you want for a business card. It has the most space for laying out text without distracting from the image. Runner up is #3 for the same reason, but I think 2 gets the nod...
Toad Wrote:These are all stunning images - all belong front and center in a a portfolio. IMO, #2 is the one that you want for a business card. It has the most space for laying out text without distracting from the image. Runner up is #3 for the same reason, but I think 2 gets the nod...
Thanks Toad - it is actually a credit card (not a business card), so just imagines where the numbers on a credit card are.

I think most of what you suggest is still valid. Just wanted to clarify the purpose as I may have confused people.

Thanks also Irma.
#4 for me Smile
Eyup Chris. Given the size of the output image, number 1. Girlies are eye-catching, it's a conventional but highly attractive shot and immediate in impact; #4 a bit confusing, 2 and 3 a bit bland but if the cc text was part of the image it'd all flow nicely.(sorry mate, weddings a sore point i guess! #1 is great Big Grin)
I think given the small size of the card, #1 will definitely stand out more. Otherwise I would go with #3 for a general "blend in the background but pleasant looking" image. : D
i'll go either 2 or 3... cause the blank spaces will help for the numbers/text on the credit card...

between 2 and 3, i will choose 3 cause its brighter so it will stands out better...

really happy to see your biz prospering more each day... may abundance continue to flow into your life/work in the coming new year!
Thanks Bernard.
Definitely 4. Shows your creativity. If you threw down 20 wedding cards on a table, 19 would have people on beaches and laying on the grass etc. If I was booking my wedding photo, I want creativity. Its your 1 second resume o the line here. Just my usual useless .02 cents.

Jerry
All are the nice photos,

great work!!!

This one is the best of all pics

[Image: _MG_2508.jpg]

Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures.
I agree. #4 is an unusual and creative shot.
I think 3 works best for a credit card.

Have you cropped and sized them down to see how they read at the proper size?
All big like they are above is one thing, but small and wide like a card is another story.
The crop is going to make a huge difference, as is the placement of the raised numbers.

Do some accurate mockups, and re-submit for our approval. Big Grin