DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: DPOF Printing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering whether anyone uses DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) or similar for printing? On Friday, Mr Gadget and I (plus wives, baby and a friend) headed down to Lorne, on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. We spent a couple of nights there and had an absolute blast (which probably explains why I was quiet all weekend)... I'll post some piccies up tonight.

But anyway, one funtion which I have personally never used all this time is DPOF - where you select which photos you want to print from your camera, and printers/kiosks can print your selections automatically. (Other manufacturers have their own fancy names for it - PictBridge, etc.)

I decided to give it a try last night, as soon as I got home from my trip. Basically I marked about 20 photos that I wanted to print in my camera - then chucked my memory card straight in to my HP Photosmart 7660. The printer immediately asked me if I wanted to print the photos, and away it went! I went to unpack my stuff and took a shower etc., and voila - some freshly printed borderless 6x4's awaited me - all without turning on a PC!

I know, if you're one that usually manipulate and edit your photos then this won't help you one bit. However, I found the convenience factor awesome. Anyway, just my 2c worth.