DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Avatar 3D (the movie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has seen Avatar in 3D? I thought it was a great movie, so good in fact that I watched it twice. The story and plot was very formulaic but I'm a Sci-Fi buff so I didn't mind.

The 3D experience itself was simply amazing. It's the 2nd 3D movie that I've seen in recent times (the other being Coraline, an animated CGI one) and it's such an immersive experience, especially with the added depth perception. I also loved how seamlessly they have incorporated it into shots and after a while your mind just takes it for granted.

Anyway, I just thought that maybe 3D might be the next "big thing" for digital photography. I know that stereoscopic photography is not a new field, but I think they can certainly make it more accessible and easier for consumers to create and view 3D images. On the viewing side, they're working on 3D monitors that don't require the use of special glasses and on the creation front - maybe consumer cameras with more than one imager to captures multiple angles might be in the works.

Imagine not only being able to see details in an image, but also see them POP out of the frame - that would add a whole new dimension entirely (ha ha). Big Grin
One of the major purposes of art is to make the three-dimensional world into a design. Flat designs out of reality is part of photography. Three D is fun but isn't necessary for all photography. It's for realism or impact but flat photography will always be important.
I have seen only one 3D movie.. it was really nice...

For this move I will have to wait to see it in video... Here all movies in the Cinema and tv are translated into German, and I it is not the same... I can imagine that to see this one in video it is not the same as to watch it in the Cinema.