DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Memory Stick<->SD adapter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm starting to do some preliminary shopping around for a laptop and I really like the small size of the Sony TR series (snaller than a sheet of paper!).

Unfortunately, the memory stick slot is all but useless to me... is there an adapter of some sort that I could use with my SD cards? Like, plug the SD card into the gadget, plug the gadet into the MS slot...
I've heard of memory stick to CF adapters and memory card to PCIMCIA adapters, but not SD to memory stick, unfortunately...
I think the memory stick format - particularly memory stick pro is pretty good - but it leaves you totally at the mercy of Sony and its cronies - you will pay a lot more for the same amount of RAM that you would get with compact flash. Even Sony is realizing that now, and their new high-end digital cameras are coming with CF slots as well.

If you want that functionality though - a cheap SD USB reader that connects to your laptop will be the most economical solution. It doesn't plug into your memory stick slot but all laptops have USB.

This is one kind: http://es.card-media.com/Memory+Stick+Re...?langue=EN - but there are lots of others on the market.