DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Home-made digital frame...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this while trolling the web...
Home-Made Digital Frame

Sounds like he put a lot of brain-work into it but it's a neat idea... I have my WinXP screen-saver slideshow thingy set to my digi-cam folder which accomplishes kind of the same thing - but not as portable, etc.
Interesting... although not very asthetically pleasing... but interesting none the less Smile

I've got an old laptop with a cracked screen... too bad - can't use that for this Sad
I have sen a lot of these, my favourite was one using an old Apple Powerbook with OSX, the took it out of the casing it put it into a box behind the frame and via Airport it was controlled by the guys main machine so he could easily upload more pictures and remove them and manually start it, he had it set up so it only ran at certian times (times he had visitors) hehad some mixed reactions to it =P if I find a link I will deffinately post it.
Digital frames! Perfect example of a high-tech solution to a a low-tech problem.