DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: PP: various treatments (1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some very recent stuff, most taken on the same day, but with a variety of treatments for saying different things.
These first 3 are not very dramatic in terms of treatment...yet again, they don't have to be. All taken handheld with the 21mm.

Number 1: antique shop: a touch of shadow/highlight compression/equalising, so as to reveal a few details lost in the contrasty reflections. Note the doorway on the top left with the old people..which is intended to be a vague life-journey comment.

[Image: 2340-antiqueshop.jpg]

Number 2: again, compression of tones, otherwise the strong light would have clipped the shadows and highlights.

[Image: 2349-townhall.jpg]

Number 3: Starter-Homers: Hardly any...the merest boost in saturation and contrast.

[Image: 2371-homebuyers.jpg]
Oh, dear Zig! They are all nice but this "antique shop" fascinated me so much. This is amazing! Well captured,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia
PP-wise, I am intrigued by #1. That is always a difficult type of shot and this technique seems to do it justice. #2 does a great job of preserving detail in the highlights - perhaps at the price of contrast, however. I also like your comment about the people - they add much to #1 and to #2..
I love the story you tell in your first picture. Knowing your photography I understand your post processing and lowering the contrast.