DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Guests online...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am always interested to see how many "guests" are online - as shown at the bottom of the index page. Does this figure include everybody looking at anything on Shuttertalk - or do we really have dramatically more people reading our forum posts than writing them (spammers excluded of course)?
The number of Guest is the number of people reading only our forum. At least that is the info I got when I visited Shuttertalk with two browsers. In one I was guest and in the other one registered.
If I'm not mistaken, it shows all accesses to the forums (filtered for unique IP addresses only) - so it will most likely include robots, scripts etc. in addition to real people.
shuttertalk Wrote:... - so it will most likely include robots, scripts etc. in addition to real people.
Thank Goodness!
Yup, nothing like a good automaton to make one feel wanted Big Grin
I'll confess that I'm sometimes here as a guest. I check in on the forum frequently, many times a day, but most of the time I'm on my Blackberry. I can't post from it, so I don't want to mark messages as being read when I get back to the computer.
Zig Wrote:Yup, nothing like a good automaton to make one feel wanted Big Grin
Yes - I am totally intrigued that automatons find our musings interesting...as a computer guy, that gives me hope for the future. What are the alternatives? ...that they eventually kill us?
[Image: 1130475276_39KaH-M.png]